Crashed MYOB AR file New urgent assistance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Crashed MYOB AR file New urgent assistance

Hi MYOB

New urgent recovery help if someone from advanced AR faults can contact me - I cannot afford to spend 45 mins on the phone waiting.

The serial number is 61xxxx

The file is on a server and is also accessed via an API.

File working fine all night and up until 0900 - API was fine - runs every 30 mins.

Suddenly at 0900 - API said cannot find file - Client rang can't find file - it was in the directory but MYOB couldn't see.

System backup daily at 0330 every morning so had recovered file - opens - and then crashes.

Recovered to 1 day back - same - I don't think recovered are corrupt - just wondering if or commercial backup does something to the file permissions.

Need urgent assistance MYOB - please ring if you can 0415262694.

Need recovery assistance MYOB.

The Doc

2 REPLIES 2
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Re: Crashed MYOB AR file New urgent assistance

Hi MYOB AccountRight

Really glad you take urgent requests seriously - which you haven't NOT A SQUEAK - the AccountRight support through this forum seems to be - if it is simple we will help - if it is difficult - ignore!

Not a squeak of help.

Rang technical support - what a process - I waited 30 - 40 mins - got someone who asked me scripted questions and despite the questions being totally irrelevant tried to continue until I pleaded for the phone call to be upgraded - finally yes - but alas another dead end - more questions (hadn't read my replies from the previous) - esculated again - 1hr plus later - someone who could help - nope  - mindless scripted questions - despite me telling this person (nicely, without shouting or being rude) that the questions are irrelevant I have already worked out the problem - the file was corrupt - the tech lady continued to push on through asking me irrelevant technical questions that had already been answered by the logical objective diagnostic step I had already carried out to get to the stage of ringing tech - a line of last resort.

The tech just could not get to the stage that a highly experienced MYOB savy Partner of 25 years experience could tick all the logical diagnostic boxes - and I needed to jump to the step which was to upload the file for recovery - it took 15 minutes of pleading to get to this step - with the tech trying to diagnose the problem without listening to the steps already achieved.

I finally got to upload the file to MYOB at 7 PM lastnight only to be told this morning at 0930 it was corrupted beyond recovery - your software 2020.4.2 SE on a high end Server did that MYOB.

To cover my butt with the client I asked our tech team to recover the last 3 days - backup is done 3.33 AM daily - Monday morning backup was corrupt - Sunday Morning was corrupt - Saturday morning backup 7.04 - was recovered (luckily only 5 minutes of entry done by staff Saturday) - file recovered 1 minute before 10 AM just in time to run payroll.

Thank you MYOB AccountRight team - let down again when support gets complex.

The Doc

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Crashed MYOB AR file New urgent assistance

Hi @The_Doc 

Sorry to hear that you have had that experience with that particular file. I'm also sorry to see that we have missed your initial enquiry. In future to ensure that the MYOB Community can offer the best assistance for your product and enquiry we do recommend posting it on the appropriate board. For AccountRight enquires one of the AccountRight Boards would be ideal. As this post was initially posted on the AccountRight API board, which is exclusively targeted for API enquires and is managed by another team, it was initially missed by the Moderator team. 

With that being said, I understand that you have managed to resolve the enquiry with the restore a backup of the file prior to the situation occurring.

If you do have future enquires don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post