Partner Zone
Partner Zone

ERR_403_DEVELOPER_INACTIVE when getting essentials businesses

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
3 REPLIES 3
Partner ratna
6 Posts
Partner
ratna
Partner

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: ERR_403_DEVELOPER_INACTIVE when getting essentials businesses

Hi Keran,

thanks for the explanation makes everything clear. and thanks for fixing up the keys for me they're both working fine now,

Former Staff KeranM
231 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
KeranM
Former Staff

299Posts

94Kudos

56Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hello there

Looks like you've run into the key limit - as you rightly point out. As you've said it can be tricky to find why .. so here's the full explanation, not just for you but for anyone reading Smiley Happy (we've a new Developer site coming soon with new details on it too)

The first 2 keys you create will automatically activate - this allows you to get up to speed and developing fast. Most developers never need more than 2 keys. One for Dev and one for Production - although with our keys being all production keys, you can easily use the same key in dev, staging and production if you like.  Our keys all support multiple redirect URLs to enable this.

ANY subsequent key will require manual intervention on our part. It doesn't matter if you delete other keys, it's not "2 active" keys ... it's the "first 2" that activate, anything after that will require our intervention.

Why?

* we love to engage with our developers and understand what they are building

* we want to explore how you are building 

* we want to help and see if there is an alternative way of doing what you are trying to achieve 

So - how do you get your active keys enabled?

* email the key you want to be activated to developers@myob.com

* let us know what you are building, what you'll use the key for - just a sentence or two, we're not likely to say no (unless you are asking for hundreds), we just love to know & engage with you Smiley Happy 

Hope that helps everyone Smiley Happy

@ratna - check your keys now, I've just activated what I think are your keys ... should be good to go

Keran McKenzie
Futurist in residence @MYOB

Are you a developer? Check out http://developer.myob.com
Looking for an Add-on? Check out http://myob.com/addons/

Twitter: @myobapi | @keranm
Partner ratna
6 Posts
Partner
ratna
Partner

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

ok so by seeing this post

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-and-Essentials-API/Cloud-Authentication-Issues-403-Forbidd...

it seems there's a limit to the number of apps you can register. so i killed all but my original and created a new one (total 2 now) but the new one still doesn't work (403 forbidden). 

Highlighted
Partner ratna
6 Posts
Partner
ratna
Partner

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

ERR_403_DEVELOPER_INACTIVE when getting essentials businesses

Hi, 

i'm a little confused when getting  a list of essentials businesses one set of key works and another doesnt

working keys return response 200 OK but not working keys return 403 forbidden

code is simple c# 

client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Accept.Add(new MediaTypeWithQualityHeaderValue("application/json"));
client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Authorization = new AuthenticationHeaderValue("Bearer", OAuthToken);
client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Add("x-myobapi-key", DeveloperKey);
client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Add("x-myobapi-version", "v0");
HttpResponseMessage response = await client.GetAsync(baseAddr);

where:

baseAddr = "https://api.myob.com/au/essentials/businesses/"

non working keys return response headers

{StatusCode: 403, ReasonPhrase: 'Forbidden', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
{
X-Error-Detail-Header: Account Inactive
X-Mashery-Error-Code: ERR_403_DEVELOPER_INACTIVE
X-Mashery-Responder: prod-j-worker-ap-southeast-2b-21.mashery.com
Connection: keep-alive
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 00:23:11 GMT
Server: Mashery
Server: Proxy
Content-Length: 27
Content-Type: text/xml
}}

the reason i'm confused is because one set of keys works and the other doesn't. i've seen other posts on the forum with a similar problem but no real reason given why. i thought it might be a cache thing so i cleared it but to no avail.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post