Exception fetching AccountingProperties after upgrade to 2019.2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MarshallArts
Experienced Partner
10 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Exception fetching AccountingProperties after upgrade to 2019.2

I have developed a custom reporting app for a client using the MYOB API.  They have just updated to 2019.2 and it now fails with what it calls a "communication error" when the app tries to fetch the AccountingProperties from the company file (so I can get the current financial year).  It connects to the company file OK, but I cannot get past this point.  I have updated my SDK from GitHub in Visual Studio to the latest, but it was no help.  Anyone else seen this, and know what's going on?  MYOB?  Do you look at this forum??

[Edit]  I should have said - the client's company file is NOT in the cloud, it is on their own network server.  And further investigation reveals that the error is an HTTP error 404 [Not Found] when the service issues the call to the server.  So what has changed?  Nothing in my app has, so it has to be in the API or the SDK.

2 REPLIES 2
MarshallArts
Experienced Partner
10 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Exception fetching AccountingProperties after upgrade to 2019.2

Further information:  while waiting for MYOB support to sort this out, I have knocked up a small test program which does not use the .NET SDK provided by MYOB, but just issues direct HTTP calls to the server (which is what the SDK objects do inside the black boxes).  I can obtain the list of available company files, but as soon as I try to retrieve ANY data from the 2019.2 file, it fails, and the message I have seen says "The company file version is not supported".  I CAN retrieve data from an earlier version company file.  So it seems to me that something significant has changed at the server end, and the documentation and/or the SDK has not been updated to reflect it.  Either that, or the change was unintentional and needs to be fixed.  It is now a week since I reported this to MYOB, and still my strong impression is that nobody knows what is going on.  Very unimpressed.

Triboss
Valued Partner
99 Posts
Valued Partner
Valued Partner

99Posts

6Kudos

15Solutions

Re: Exception fetching AccountingProperties after upgrade to 2019.2

What endpoint are you trying to access?

When using the raw http request, what is the URL you are making the "get" call against?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post