Exporting Customer UID from accountright

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
bryniker
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Exporting Customer UID from accountright

I'm integrating myob functionality into our web service through the accountright API.
Many calls  - for creating invoices, payments, credits, etc - require the identification of a specific customer, using the associated UID.

What we would like to do is maintain a local relationship between our (local) invoicees and remote accountright customer UIDs. (By which I mean the GUID required for updating a customer via the API - eg: "468936d4-12c8-4d3e-a72d-038617783f9d", not the card Id )

Is there a way of including the Customer UID as a field when exporting customer data from accountright?

(I appreciate I can download them all once I have API access to our client's company file, but we'd like to set things up before then)

cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
Triboss
Valued Partner
99 Posts
Valued Partner
Valued Partner

99Posts

6Kudos

15Solutions

Re: Exporting Customer UID from accountright

The only way I know of accessing the GUID of the customer is via an API call to the data file.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: Exporting Customer UID from accountright

Hi @bryniker , if you have AccountRight installed, and a copy of the client's file (an myox file)) in your local library, then calls to the file do not require oAuth verification. If your client's file is still in v19.x (an myo file), you can upgrade it on a read-only basis and use that locally (the upgrade process highlights a cloud destination, and in very small print below "what to do if you internet connection is slow" (or simila. 

So you should be able to get the guid out any time.   

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post