How long will changes in the Redirect URI take effect?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
lvincent
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How long will changes in the Redirect URI take effect?

I made some changes with our redirect URI in my MYOB API settings under here: https://my.myob.com.au/au/bd/DevAppList.aspx

Does anyone know how long the changes will take effect? I was assuming it would be instant but when I tested my API integration it is displaying an 'invalid request'.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How long will changes in the Redirect URI take effect?

Hi @lvincent 

When the redirect URI was changed, getting an invalid request error can mean that the details don’t match what the system was expecting. I’d recommend having a read of our help article Solving invalid request errors for how to solve some really common instances of this error.

It may be worth completing the OAuth process again, after removing the current API access through secure.myob.com. This will give you new and unique tokens, which should get around the invalid request error you’ve been receiving. Our help article How to Complete End-User Authentication with OAuth2.0 steps through the whole process.

If you’re still getting the error after following the help articles and redoing the OAuth process, I recommend reaching out to our team using Submit a request on the API support website

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

lvincent
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How long will changes in the Redirect URI take effect?

Yes, I believe I went thru the request errors page. I was able to resolved the issue and forgot to update here. I think the change in Redirect URI will automatically update. And with that it was my client_key/secret that was not updated in the code. My bad. 

Thank you @Neil_M! I really appreciate it. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post