How to Change AccountRight API to Point From Localhost to a Specific IP?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PinothyJ
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How to Change AccountRight API to Point From Localhost to a Specific IP?

Hello,

If you require background on my situation, it is available here.

I am trying to determined where in the configuation of the API to update the following references to localhost to the machine's IP address (see attached image). It is made problematic in that I need to relay the information to the company's IT as I simply work for the company that looks after the OCR solution that pipes into MYOB.

The attached image is a sample of what I see when I connect to http://192.168.1.15:8080/AccountRight/.

Kind regards.

Capture.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,855 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,855Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Re: How to Change AccountRight API to Point From Localhost to a Specific IP?

Hi @PinothyJ , are you proposing to connect from one network to an AccountRight file on another network?

AccountRight files are stored in libraries, which can be either local or network. The network library can be accessed by anyone on the same network, but not from external networks.  Files can also be stored in the cloud.

Within one network, a local library file would be referenced on that machine by using "localhost", and a network library would be referenced from another machine by replacing "localhost" with the server IP address.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

PinothyJ
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It is from one machine on the network to another machine on the network.

Machine A needs to connect to the MYOB machine. I can access http://192.168.1.15:8080/AccountRight/ from A which brings up that page already posted.

Here is what happens.

1. When I go to the above address I see the image already posted.
    • I am not sure if the localhosts are supposed to be localhosts or 192.168.1.15 but I am just trying to get my head around what is not configered yet.
  2. If I replace the localhost and navigate to http://192.168.1.15:8080/AccountRight/5e5f867c-a437-4048-b293-fa6781b3a87d, the files the client is using, I can log in and get the attached image.
  3. However, if I click on any of the AbsoluteUri link (changing the localhost to the IP address) I get nothing in return -- This page isn’t working 192.168.1.15 is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500.

Hopefully that is my issue and I imagine it is something simple that can be fixed or opened and bam, API program connecting without an issue.

Thank you for you time.

Capture.JPG
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,855 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,855Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @PinothyJ , is AccountRight Server version installed on the machine hosting the AccountRight file? It has to be for the network library to operate. Installing the server version creates a number of library services.

And is the "MYOB Add-on connector" installed and running on machine A? If it is it will be visible in the system tray. 

Can you open the AccountRIght file from machine A? AccountRight (PC edition) has to be installed on machine A and the file opened via the network library.

With all that in place you should be able to replace 'localhost' with IP address of the server. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

PinothyJ
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I know that MYOB has not been installed on machine A before. I will check with their IT for the other points.

Triboss
Valued Partner
99 Posts
Valued Partner
Valued Partner

99Posts

6Kudos

15Solutions

Check this link out, describes changing the server variables:

https://myobapi.tumblr.com/post/70231017169/how-to-change-config-variables-for-the-desktop-api

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post