MYOB ODBC Driver Problem On 64 bit Windows 10 PC

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
slim17
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB ODBC Driver Problem On 64 bit Windows 10 PC

Hi

We have third party C# .NET CRM software which shares data with MYOB via MYOAU1001 ODBC driver connection embedded in code of CRM application.

Client has upgraded their Windows 7 32 bit machine to Windows 10 64 bit machine and ODBC export from CRM to MYOB is no longer working. When our CRM is attempting to connect to MYOB, we are receiving error message like this "ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified".

We have research this problem and our understanding is that MYOB MYOAU1001 ODBC driver is only compatible for 32 bit machine not 64 bit machine.

The problem is that client must upgrade to 64 bit machine for compliance reason. Second problem is that client must continue to use CRM software as it is very important for their business. Third problem is that to pull out all CRM export code and replace it with new API code will be expensive job take many hours.

So I am looking for MYOB ODBC aware developer to assist me with this how I can engineer simple cost effective solution to get this existing architecture working on Windows 10 64 bit environment please. Can feel free to PM me I am happy to talk this though on phone if necessary as is critical problem.

Thankyou. 

6 REPLIES 6
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: MYOB ODBC Driver Problem On 64 bit Windows 10 PC

Hi @slim17 , if you are using a DSN to connect to the file, then you need to use C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to create/configure it. This is the 32-bit version. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

slim17
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Mike_James 

Previously we have installed driver locally. It is creating folder C:\MYOBODBCAU10 after installation.

Then we are connecting in C# using an ODBC connection object using MYOB driver connection string to database. This has created connection without having to manually creating DSN in Windows control panel.

Connectionstring was like this:

{MYOAU1001};TYPE=MYOB;ACCESS_TYPE=READ_WRITE;DRIVER_COMPLETION=DRIVER_PROMPT;SQL_LOGIN_TIMEOUT=30;SUPPRESS_WARNINGS=TRUE;NETWORK_PROTOCOL=TCPIP;HOST_EXE_PATH=C:\Premier19\Myobp.exe;UID=x;PWD=y;Database=C:\Premier19\DB.myo;KEY=z;

Does this make sense?

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @slim17 

You may need to re-install the MYOBODBC driver now that you have upgraded your computer. I use ODBC in similar manner to what you have described. I run this on a 64 bit Windows OS - the 64 bit system is not the issue, it is that the 64 bit system cannot find the driver MYOBAU1001 - reinstalling this might help recreate the relevant registry settings.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
WaddoAus
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 ,

Wondering if you can offer any assistance.... we use ODBC on good old enterprise 19.7 and recently had to set up on a 64 bit machine (previously running on a 32 bit).  I too get the "The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application" message when running our interface program.  I set up the DSN from the 32bit ..windows/SysWOW64/odbcad32 and the test connection indicates no problems but still get the architecture mismatch error?, I'm pulling my hair out and i'm guessing it's something simple. 

Regards,

Sam

slim17
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@WaddoAus FWIW I raised this issue with the MYOB development team. This was their reply...

"...Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we no longer support AccountRight v19 classic as this has been discontinued. This also applies to ODBC as we no longer support AccountRight classic we also discontinued ODBC. We have not turned the program off. As AccountRight v19 and earlier versions were only tested and supported for compatibility with 32bit Office applications, the ODBC driver is designed as a 32 bit driver. Currently we don’t offer a 64 bit option of the ODBC driver

The team that used to support ODBC no longer is available at MYOB for questions or support.

At this stage, we would recommend for the end-user to upgrade to our latest versions of AccountRight Live which uses the API not ODBC. This would require a separate integration though..."

So after much trial and error trying to do workarounds I eventually gave up.

WaddoAus
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @slim17 ,

Thanks for the reply..... :-(   It did sound like Gavin had some success running the DSN on a 64bit machine (in 32bit mode)....but sounds like you and i were not so lucky.  It makes no logical sense as the DSN is definitely created in 32 bit and both myob and in our case our myobintegration progam are 32 bit.....  i'm sure there is a simple answer somewhere, but like you i think we have to give up as well.

Sam

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post