Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
Am a little confused here:
If your integration is to MYOB AccountRight 201x (via the API) and it has been working fine for years, our introduction of 2FA will make no difference what so ever. 2FA only happens on our end, when the client logs in. From your point of view, it's a standard OAUTH call and the system (once the user has logged in) will respond and give you access tokens.
If your integration is to MYOB AccountRight v19 (or earlier - via ODBC) and it has been working fine for years, there is no change as 2FA is not part of this product set.
I suggest reaching out to our developer support team firstname.lastname@example.org to walk through more of what's actually happening.
The documentation for our APIs is over at http://developer.myob.com/
Thank you for your response.
Our interface to MYOB has been working now for several years so we will need to make changes
to accomodate the 2FA, given that we cannot switch it off.
I do not understand what happened, the other users of the same company file are NOT being asked
for 2FA, but our programs login is.
Our other MYOB users of other company files are not being asked for 2FA - just that one user
for that one company file.
Can you please save me some time and give me a link to the documentation you refer to.
Best to talk to email@example.com as they can walk you through it but in essence it's
1) You build software to integrate with MYOB. Included in this is a button that contains information about your application.
2) User (client) clicks this button inside your app/integration and that takes them to an MYOB secure login
3) User logs in and grants permission for your app to read their data
4) MYOB secure service returns user to your app/integration with a CODE
5) Your software takes this code and exchanges it for access tokens
Now you can use the access tokens in your API calls
The Documentation has this spelled out and the developer support team can help you through this
Very much appreaciated!
As I had already applied few keys but now not sure how about in informing client to perform this. How should exactly client perform this "connects their cloud accounting file to the application using an OAUTH." ?
Sorry for the duplicated question but sometime I am having some confusion on the documentation.
at the sametime I am also liasing with the firstname.lastname@example.org for the API
Clients should not be applying for APIKeys - keys are linked to applications or integrations. So a developer can apply for a KEY for their solution. The client then connects their cloud accounting file to the application using an OAUTH.
If you are developing a solution for the client you can register for a key for your software.
Drop a note to email@example.com to get more help with getting up and running
Thanks for your reply!
Does that mean that I need to inform client to go to this page: http://developer.myob.com/api/accountright/api-overview/getting-started/ so I can help them to register the app and API key ?
After above is done and approved by MYOB, only client need to upgrade thier company file through thier MYOB platform ? (By that time they will need to sign in by using the AccountRight account they registered for API)
Do they need to upgrade thier software as well?
Will the company file corrupted after they upgrade? Meaning 1 user can upgrade the file and upload to cloud, then the other users just sync the file?
1) they will need to sign up to the newer AccountRight Live service and then upgrade their data file to use the new version and upload it to the cloud
2) if they sign up for AccountRight Live you will need to use the AccountRight API. The ODBC driver is only for AccountRight Classic
I have a question regarding the AccountRight API
Now my client has a existing system with MYOB Premier V19 for 5 users. But now they handle thier company file locally. They need a customised web-based system to be able to GET and Update the invoices to their MYOB.
So my questions is:
1. How can they make thier company file online ? Is thier account has this access to upload online?
2. If they can upload the company file cloud, which AccountRight API is suitable for this case? I found there are AccountRight Live and Classic. I am not familiar with the OCBC driver. I am using PHP for the web service.
Solved! Go to Solution.
by KeranM on September