MYOB2019.2 connection to Excel to extract data for reporting in excel (instead of MYOB v19.5 using ODBC)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Justin_Sp
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB2019.2 connection to Excel to extract data for reporting in excel (instead of MYOB v19.5 using ODBC)

I currently use ODBC link with MYOB Premier V19.15 to extract data into excel so that i can report in excel.

Within excel i go to Data tab / "From Other Sources" / "From Microsoft Query" / then choose a link I have created in ODBC to the MYOB ledger

Can anyone tell me how I can link in a similar way for excel to extract data from the new MYOB 2019.2? I've been told it does not work with the data source in ODBC named "MYOAU1001"

Does anyone know how to do this or can point me in the direction of someone who does?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: MYOB2019.2 connection to Excel to extract data for reporting in excel (instead of MYOB v19.5 using ODBC)

Hi @Justin_Sp 

Third-party software interaction with AccountRight 2019 is done through the AccountRight API. You can find out more information on the AccountRight API and getting starting using that via the MYOB Developer Centre

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,861 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,861Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Re: MYOB2019.2 connection to Excel to extract data for reporting in excel (instead of MYOB v19.5 using ODBC)

Hi @Justin_Sp , do you mean that you use the product called "ODBCLink" from Accounting Addons? If so, they make a version which works with the new AccountRight.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post