MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Question on API ODBC connection for Open Access License

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
1 REPLY 1
Former Staff DeveloperJack
141 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
DeveloperJack
Former Staff

141Posts

31Kudos

21Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Question on API ODBC connection for Open Access License

Hi there @monai,

Thanks for reaching out!

AccountRight Live and Essentials API's use the API keys that are available under the open access program - free of charge.

For AccountRight Classic, ODBC READ access is available by default (your clients still need to activate their file for ODBC) however WRITE access is available under the developer partner & premium developer partner program tiers. For premium developer partners we can provide an OEM key that waives your clients' requirement to pay for the ODBC activation.

To activate a file for ODBC access, clients should call 1300 555 123 and chat with our product support team who can help them pay the AU$259 for activation (it's a once off activation fee).

Generally speaking, we recommend against building new solutions to integrate with AccountRight Classic as we're actively migrating customers to our online products (AccountRight Live and Essentials Accounting).

If you need help with anything along the way then best drop a note through to developers@myob.com where our support team can assist.

Cheers!

Jack Skinner
MYOBapi Evangelist

Are you a developer? Check out http://developer.myob.com
Looking for an Add-on? Check out http://myob.com/addons/
Highlighted
Partner monai
1 Post
Partner
Australia
monai
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Question on API ODBC connection for Open Access License

I checked the comparison table for Developer Program Details, but I'm not sure if I understand correctly that the API key under Open Access License could not get data from the MYOB directly because it doesn't support  Legacy ODBC (read/write).

Then that leads to another question, how developers with Open Access License get data from API if they don't have the access to read/write database of their MYOB installation?

Could anyone please clarify my doubt? Thank you.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post