Re: Stock at multiple locations

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kotsialos
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The functionality of multiple locations is great,  but it appears that this is not a fully supported function yet,  for instance it appears that you can't specify the location in the API? 

Does anyone know when or how to work around the issue of using locations but not having it available in the API?

2 REPLIES 2
Inzant_Matt
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I asked a similar question earlier this week to their dev support around setting locations for sales order lines on new quotes/orders/invoices raised via the api and got the below response. 

MYOB RESPONSE
As you've found, the Sales endpoints do not have a field to specify the location for stock on an invoice. The Multi-Location feature for AccountRight Premier users is an in product only feature as the API has no functionality for this.

There isn't any setting in AccountRight to choose a default location that is used on an invoice. When creating sales inside MYOB the location will always be blank and the user will need to select the location. If you POST a sale via the API, the Primary Location will be automatically selected. The user will have to manually change this if they want to use another location on the invoice.

Based on the above if you wanted a default location thats possible, however if on the same order you wanted to fulfill some lines from one location, and some other lines from another location then I dont think you can via the API (a user would probably need to amend the order/invoice via the U.I.).

kotsialos
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks.  I could possibly workaround it if you could on mass change the default location for an item.  But from what I can see you can only edit a default location one item at a time.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post