Partner Zone
Partner Zone

User cannot access company file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
6 REPLIES 6
Experienced Partner JimineyCricket
12 Posts
Experienced Partner
JimineyCricket
Experienced Partner

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: User cannot access company file

Thanks Helen,

Yes the problem has been solved and works.

My understanding of it is (for others) that if you are just using your my.myob login to access company files e.g "This user will sign in with a my.myob account" then you don't need a cftoken. A cftoken is required if you have a different user/profile for a company file and/or you are not using your my.myob profile to sign into the file.

I was always including a cftoken and asking the user for a mandatory login/password for a company file even if they were just re-entering their my.myob details. So I'm not doing that now.

It works... so something like that :-)

Thanks.

Partner Jumping_Jo84
80 Posts
Partner
Australia
Jumping_Jo84

80Posts

64Kudos

11Solutions

Hi @JimineyCricket

This is most likely caused by needing the admin user as a login when acsessing the data outside of Accountright, the My.myob login is only for gaining access to the online cloud sever,

MYOB Moderator HelenB
300 Posts
MYOB Moderator
HelenB
MYOB Moderator

300Posts

220Kudos

65Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @JimineyCricket

There are 2 different log in methods for AccountRight Cloud files (linked to my.MYOB or Username and password). So depending on which way you are wanting to log in will depend on what you need to do. 

If you want to use the linked my.MYOB account to your user method, you will need to either not include a cftoken or send a blank/null cftoken. Otherwise if the my.MYOB user is not linked you need to send the userid,password encoded with base64 as your cf-token.

I recommend that you take a look at the MYOB Developers page on Authentication Headers as this will explain the concept in more detail.

Hope this helps

Helen :-)  

@HelenB
Helen Brophy
MYOB AccountRight & Essentials API Liaison

Are you a developer? Check out http://developer.myob.com
Looking for an Add-on? Check out http://myob.com/addons/
MYOB API Support Centre - https://apisupport.myob.com
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,089 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31089Posts

3929Kudos

4526Solutions

Hi @JimineyCricket

When you have Setup>>User Access>>"This user will sign in with a my.MYOB account" ticked it means that single sign on has been enabled for that user. When this user signs into the company file they do only required their AccountRight Live log in details i.e. my.MYOB account details and not their company file login i.e. Username and password as well. 

Personally I'm not the "got-to" expert on the AccountRight API, I deal more with the AccountRight range in general. With that being said I do know that @HelenB or @KeranM do deal with the API in more detail and may be able to assist in terms of single sign on and what that means for the integration with the API.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

12 Posts
Experienced Partner
JimineyCricket
Experienced Partner

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for responding Steven.

Unfortunately we have not got to the bottom of it yet. Just today we had an accountant (alsoread your answer) who uses MYOB out on site with this company. Together they tried lots of things. Obviously they are able to access the company file through my.myob AND interestingly enough my calls made to the AccountRight v2 API work fine if you just use 'Administrator' with no password. So we can actually get it to work, but we need to understand how it works.

I'm wondering if I'm on the righ path asking this question. On the screen "2. Set User Access" is has a section "Company file Sign-on details". This has a username and email address. It's just underneath a tick box that is checked saying "This user will sign in with a my.myob account". It also says "If this user will work offline, set an offline password".

So what exactly is required in 'x-myobapi-cftoken'? The spec says username and password (base64 encoded etc) but the screen seems to just have user name and email address.

Thank you.

Luke

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,089 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31089Posts

3929Kudos

4526Solutions

Hi @JimineyCricket

When using AccountRight 2016 with a company file on the cloud there are two points of access. There is your AccountRight Live Login i.e. this your my.MYOB account details and there is also the company file login i.e. this is generally Administrator (or a set User ID). These two sign on options are actually two separate logins one being AccountRight Live access and the other being company file access.

To get around this so you just need to remember to one login, in theory you could just create a new user ID in the file with the user ID being your email address and the password being that of your my.MYOB account password. Help Article: Add a user would be able to assist with that process if required. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
12 Posts
Experienced Partner
JimineyCricket
Experienced Partner

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

User cannot access company file

Very simple question.

If I login to my.myob I can see a particular company file in the drop down at the top right. If I manage "AccountRight Live" users I can see myself as an "Online Administrator". This has been like this for some time now and not a new change.

If I use the API I can get past my.myob login and get a list of company files and it shows this file. If I use the username "Administrator" with no password to access the company file it all works fine. But using my.myob login details does not and return a "Access Denied".

I just must be missing something silly here.

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post