Zero dollar lines on invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
cj
Partner
33 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

33Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Zero dollar lines on invoices

Hi KotaroK,

Can you tell me when the designers are going to address the problem of 0.00 amounts showing against transaction lines in sales invoices when we need to use more than one line for one value amount?

Inserting a blank line doesn't work for those of us who use professional invoices, as we want to put a date in the date column, especially for the first line on a particular date. That's why we use the professional format rather than the service invoice.

I can't imagine this would be difficult to fix, yet it never is.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
KotaroK
MYOB Staff
12 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

12Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Zero dollar lines on invoices

Hi @cj,

Thank you for contacting us on Zero dollar lines on invoices enquires.

Please reach out to the API team at developer@myob.com with details if this is API relevant question.  

Besides, you will be responded here by one of our helpful community members for in-product questions.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Kotaro K
MYOB AccountRight & Essentials API Liaison

MYOB API Team

Developers| Addons| my.MYOB| API Support Center

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

cj
Partner
33 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

33Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

I emailed the developers about this and a list of other issues with MYOB 2019.3 two weeks ago. Their response was to send me here to the forum.

I've had a look at the release notes for 2019.4 and can't see much to excite me there.

Who are your designers? They seem like a bunch of kids playing around developing new gadgets for the fun of it, but don't address the basic issues that people here on the forum complain about.

All most of us want is a program that works. AR 2019.3 doesn't.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @cj 

From a front end perspective, entered lines on a transaction are treated as transactional lines and thus an account/item/activity and amount is required to be selected. This does mean that if you need to enter a description only line you would need to designate that line is different from a transactional line and thus inserting a header line is the recommendation to that do. A header line will allow the user to enter a description only for that line, other values such as tax code, job, date, quantity are not allowed to be entered as part of that header line.

To my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to introduce a description only line that will allow for those additional records (tax code, job, date, quantity...) to be entered with the AccountRight 20xx range. It may be something considered in the future for that product range but not something actively being worked on.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post