api exception returning html

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
njames
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

api exception returning html

I am making api calls to myob accountright (most recent version) and some exceptions are returning with HTML with no extra information (for security reasons) it looks like a standard .net message

Given I have no control over the MYOB side how is it best to get standard json error responses with my api calls?

Error message follows:

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off"

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

1 REPLY 1
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: api exception returning html

Hi @njames 

I’d recommend taking a look at our API support page, which is not only the central repository for all documentation around the API, but also you can submit a request for assistance to our team who look after the API and are able to provide assistance with it.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post