Contributing User MartyW
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

64 Bit Account Edge Update

Like all here, I have been waiting for this update. What I am annoyed about is MYOB continuing to charge for update support when it isn't provided. If they were smart, they would be offering some good will compensation for the delay. Paying $1200 per annum for vapour apart from tax tables, is not acceptable. If they dont give something to support their loyal users, they will lose business as we will look elsewhere. If there is no positive update news within the next month, I'm making a move.

17 REPLIES 17
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

215Kudos

215Solutions

Re: 64 Bit Account Edge Update

Hi @MartyW 

Thanks for your post. Currently the information on the post Must Read: AccountEdge Information before upgrade MAC OS Catalina (10.15) has the most recent information. I have tried to follow up with another team with a more specific timeframe for when this will be available since many users such as yourself need to know when this will be. When this information is made available to us we will update the linked post, please subscribe to receive that notification when it becomes available. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. Feel free to post on the forum if you have other inquiries or advice. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User PAULY
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you, I hope the timeline isnt too crazy.

My concern is other programs I run will stop updating because i havent upgraded to Catalina as yet.

Then what am I suppose to do? 

TimBur
2 Posts
User

2Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Sounds to me like MYOB don't know how to fix this problem.  I have updated to Catalina and then found out this info and now can't submit our businesses BAS.  Unbellieveably poor that MYOB weren't onto this, and a month down the track nothing has been done.  I'll give them 1 week otherwise I'm off to Zero.

Experienced Cover User Drawlinson
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Account Edge Update for Catalina

Hi MYOB People,

Another couple of quick questions on the MYOB Catalina update

1. Whats the estimated date for its availability

2. Given that MYOB is now effectively unsupported as its no longer MAC compatible when will refunds for support packages be processed

3. Can you confirm refunds will run from the data Catalina was released to the date MYOB becomes compatible again

Many thanks

David

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa, this link you direct us to has had no updates since August. I have been a MYOB user now for almost 2 decades but feel this could be the end of the road, I asked my accountant today what systems I should consider moving to.

If my MAC gives up the ghost today and I need a new one, this will come supplied with Catalina, as such I wont be able to access MYOB, this really is absiolutley critical and Im not at all sure MYOB is taking this anywhere seriously enough.

For us no MYOB and we are dead in the water. Like many people I feel I have no choice now but to switch my accounting platform which is far from ideal after so long

Cheers

David

TimBur
2 Posts
User

2Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I just checked out Xero, after my accountant told me that MYOB has no interest in Mac customers.

Xero looks like a very good program and easy to use - 30 day free trial and then $25/month. 

I'll be making the switch.  See you later MYOB, just the craziest/most inept management of a tech issue.

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks TimBur, yes my accountant recommended Xero too, hate moving after so long have become very accustomer to MYOB, but I do feel you are correct, they would be happier without MAC users

I just cant avoid to be without support hoping nothing goes wrong so looks like im off too :-(

Contributing User MartyW
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Likewise, I have been a MYOB user for a decade or more and staff are familiar with the software, however, the delays in getting the Catalina OS update is getting very frustrating. Our accountant has been investigating alternative programs and products such as Xero wont do what AccountEdge Network Edition can do as a stand alone networked program. However, MoneyWorks looks interesting and is virtually 50% of MYOB cost depending on the level being used. You can either purchase outright or subscribe.

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Marty, yes been doing a little browsing this afternoon, one issue is the converting process as we use some aspects such as multi currency etc that cause issues migrating. I shall have a look at Money Works too appreciate the tip :-)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post