Account Edge and Catalina for Mac/Accountright not Mac friendly, Account Essentials doesn't suit

Highlighted
3 Posts
User
Australia

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Account Edge and Catalina for Mac/Accountright not Mac friendly, Account Essentials doesn't suit

I don't even know how to switch at the moment. I do not want to use cloud based software and just want to continue with a desktop version compatible with Mac OS. It seems as though every piece of accounting software I look at is cloud based. I prefer to stick with my own computer based software. No where to go.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Account Edge and Catalina for Mac/Accountright not Mac friendly, Account Essentials doesn't suit

I have moved all of my entities to Manager. Take a look at www.manager.io - non-cloud version is free. I am very impressed with this software. Runs on Catalina. It's goodbye MYOB for me.

MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,501Solutions

Hi @DeidraYoung 

If you are currently on AccountEdge and are needing to look at upgrading your Operating System we do recommend reaching out to our phone-based team to discuss options available to your situation. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

Are you please able to message me the detais of the private compnay that can d the conversion from Accountedge  19 to Accountright so we can use the online version and also upgrade to Catalina.

Thanks,

Tania

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,190 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,190Posts

2,271Kudos

442Solutions

Hi @AccountsC 

I just sent you a private message with a link. For others interested do a web search on 'accountedge to accountright conversion' - cost for a complete conversion to AR2020 is around $300.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks a lot Gavin!!!

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I realise this reply is probably a bit late. I came accross the thread while looking for a way to run my employers AccountRight Plus on my Mac at home due to COVID-19.

I was hoping that I'd be able to download a Mac version and hit the ground running :/

For all those that find that Myob Essentials doesn't fit the bill, you can continue using your original software and upgrade to Catalina... Run Myob in a virtual machine, it's not hard to setup, it's how I'm solving the Windows/Mac issue.

Best of luck everybody Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

20Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks ERStewart for your response, we are still currently using Accountedge v18 and do not really want to have to change to any other software as we are only a really small business, the cost and time to change all this to another account package just wouldn't be worth it, Can you please explain what you mean by a virtual machine??

regards

JCE

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

@jce123 wrote:

Thanks ERStewart for your response, we are still currently using Accountedge v18 and do not really want to have to change to any other software as we are only a really small business, the cost and time to change all this to another account package just wouldn't be worth it, Can you please explain what you mean by a virtual machine??

regards

JCE

Exactly, I don't want to have the expense of having to buy a new computer just so I can use MYOB from home, it's crazy and honestly not very good software design on MYOB's part.

You don't need to install a virtual machine to run two MacOS versions on the one computer.

I'm using a virtual machine because I need to install Windows on my Mac to run MYOB.

Here's an article that explains how to set up a dual boot system on your computer, Install Catalina on one and leave your existing operating system on the other.

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2020/01/09/mojave-catalina-same-mac/

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/dual-boot-mac-3659676/

It's a bit of a messy fix, and not ideal, but it buys people some time to weigh up and fund other options.

Hope this helps, if you have an questions or get stuck don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

i just wonderng what version of Myob you are using with Parallels on the Mac?  I would like to try Accountedge Network Edition, but I don't think this works with Windows? I am not very familar with how parallels works, but do you then have to run Myob through Windows? and what version of windows would you then require?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post