6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Account Edge and the future for Mac users

@Faulkner wrote:

The concerns @BROOK79  expressed will be common in the Mac community as while it is easy for MYOB to ask that we don't upgrade to the latest operating system all the other applications we are running will be asking we upgrade.

I am looking to run a virual machine with Windows 10 so that I can swap MYOB to a Windows version as the online accounting software MYOB offer is so limited in regards to its ability to import and export data that it would not suit our business. 

My question is how MYOB are planning to compensate loyal customers needing to either purchase Windows as I will need to do or spend significant time moving to other applications?

Hi Faulkner,

As an alternative option. You can create a separate partition on you Mac and run Catalina in one and Mojave in the other. Rather than having to rush into the expense of purchasing  virtual machine software, and the windows version of Myob, this would buy you some time.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
100 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

100Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @ERStewart @BROOK79 @Faulkner I had a call from an MYOB rep on 30/3 who assured me that MYOB AE will remain supported on Mojave. We will get tax tables as of July 1.

They're are looking at improving MYOB essentials to provide tools similiar to those available via MYOB AE. They will assist with data migration here when the time comes.

Hang tight, this buys us some time until the new fin year, thet is of course so long as you can avoid upgrading to Catlaina in the short term.

S

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

@ERStewart , thank you.

I am looking at at the idea running Windows 10 in a VM, trying to find the best option moving forward.

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

@Faulkner wrote:

@ERStewart , thank you.

I am looking at at the idea running Windows 10 in a VM, trying to find the best option moving forward.

I went with parallels, partly because I can get it with an educational discount, but also when looking at the processing speed benchmarks of the various options it was the one of the best.

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steven_M are you saying Acount Edge will never be Catalina compliant?  Or are they still working on the solution?

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steven_M are you saying Acount Edge will never be Catalina compliant?  Or are they still working on the solution?

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @Nothappymyob33 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this topic.

As has been indicated, AccountEdge will not be Catalina compliant. However, AccountEdge will continue to work as intended with Mojave for the foreseeable future. If you are needing to upgrade to Catalina we do recommend speaking with our phone-based team to discuss the best option that MYOB can offer you going forward.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,043 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,043Posts

1,547Kudos

1,841Solutions

HI @LynnKM 

To be clear AccountEdge will not be receiving a Catalina compliant update, as explained by @Steven_M  . Instead the most recent version of AccountEdge is only compatible with Mojave.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
100 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

100Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil_M @Steven_M

We will still get a Mojave compliant set of tax tables for Accuont edge, come July 1 though, won't we?

This is what I was told on the phone by an MYOB represenative back in March.

Can we get an answer on this please. 

Thanks

S

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

They wont ba able to migrate data over, i was told this morning, It will need to be set up as a new file and nothing comes over :-( Pretty annoyed, we once again have to do our own work and still pay a fortune per month

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
100 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

100Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

@Neil_M@Steven_M can we please get a confirmation in here that we will definitely get 2021 tax tables for AE on Mohjave come July 1.

It's getting a bit close to eofy and there is a lot of conflicting iunformation regarding this.

On 30/3 I had confirmation via email and phone that this would happen but now there seems to be unceratinty again.

Thanks

S

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post