MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Re: Account Edge and the future for Mac users

Hi @CLAIRE 

1. If a client was to upgrade to Catalina the user would not be able to access the application. This is due to the fact that Catalina only allows 64-bit applications to be run, AccountEdge being a 32-bit application.

2. As you own the serial number you would be welcome to use AccountEdge after an AccountEdge Cover/Subscription has ended. You would also have full access to the company file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Having used both Xero and Account Edge, Xero is a nightmare - because you cannot delete an entry. Xero is greatly missing capabilities that are common place in MYOB.

Where people move across to Xero they then spend HOURS fiddling with large spreadsheets to do reports that are just part of MYOB

I have used MYOB on Mac since Version 3 in 1994!!!!!

There are many others of the loyal Mac Community who deserve better treatment than this. 

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I understand your frustration @AlexChapman , I have also been on Myob for Mac for many years (2000). But unfortunately I also rely on other apps on my mac that will cease to work at some point without an upgrade. I have already started with Xero, I had always resisted because I rely heavily on job numbers and the data they provide for our quoted works. So far I am happy, I am using "Projects" for my job numbers and I believe this addition will give me the information I require, and believe me, I have deleted many entries on my first day of use yesterday!! 😂

Maybe give Xero another try, I know that they have added many features recently and what better way to show our dismay with MYOB than to ditch them.

Good Luck

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post