Experienced Cover User junglefever
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

AccountEdge MAC OS Catalina (10.15) 64 bit

Is there a date for Accountedge to be relased in 64 bit so that it is compatible with MacOS Catalina.

This is only a few weeks away.

We have other software that will require us to update our macs and so not updating is very problematic.

Can you please provide a date that the update is expected (if at all) so that we can assess wether switching to different software is a better solution than waiting?

46 REPLIES 46
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,027Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Re: AccountEdge MAC OS Catalina (10.15) 64 bit

Hi @junglefever 

We are currently working on an update to AccountEdge that will allow the application to be run on the new MAC OS Catalina. If AccountEdge is critical to your business, you must not upgrade to Catalina until we've released that new AccountEdge version. At this stage, we don't have a timeframe for when that update will be available to clients.

More information and update information will be posted on AccountEdge Information before upgrade MAC OS Catalina (10.15)

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

So I have some apps and processes that are business critical that require the upgrade, and 20 year old myob that isn't ready for the upgrade and won't give us a time frame for the upgrade that was announced by Apple 5 years ago. And the advice from MYOB is don't upgrade.  Do you really think that's acceptable? Come on. We pay good money for this software. We deserve more. 

Contributing User DawsonAg
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

What a joke MYOB! You have had years to sort this out! I pay a lot of money every year for this program and you do nothing! I need to upgrade to Catalina for other programs required for my business! And you can't even give a date?? Get your **bleep** together!!!

piratecru
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

I started using myob back in 1991, and 98% of the code is exactly the same.  

Over the years I've paid tens of thousands of dollars for essentially nothing but tax data table updates...

The original licence only cost $90 or so, now it costs me that much plus GST every month. FOR WHAT?

Company is disgusting gouging rorting mob of self-serving twats taking a simple application and turning it into a public money making scam on the back of small businesses like myself but... can't even keep up with tech advice about CRITICAL product / system development given FIVE YEARS AGO.

If I don't see a timely solution to the problem you've now lnanded me in, I may be forced to start a class action with other loyal users against this parasitic invoice-generating sham of a business / facade on top of what was a simple macos program thirty odd years old.

So you no-good scoundrel lollygaggers, please extract the digit.

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

The last poster raises a very good point. 

Will fees for all Accountedge users be waived now Accuontedge is no longer compliant? 

Fees should be started up again once you get your relaease sorted out.

It would be extrordanry for MYOB to charge for the software now that it doesnt work with the most recent and secure operating system.

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

215Kudos

215Solutions

Hi @junglefever @piratecru @DawsonAg 

I just wanted to add to the information Steven provided above.  At this time we do not have an exact date when this will be available.  I am currently reaching out to additional teams to see if a better timeframe can be provided for users such as yourself who are needing to know sooner rather than later.  We are waiting on the third party developers to update us. 

One of our partners addressed this in a related post if you would like to view it. In the meantime please subscribe to the post Steven linked above as that will notify you of any updates. 

Apologies for the inconvenience, I will update you when I hear back from the others about this. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User DawsonAg
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Apologies at this stage Don't Cut It!!!

Contributing User Launch
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Many would urge ALL AccountEdge usersvto join a class action to sue MYOB for breach of contract.

Contributing User Launch
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Check our the MYOB post, "Ambivalence or Incompetence?"

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or