1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

224Kudos

221Solutions

Re: AccountEdge MAC OS Catalina (10.15) 64 bit

Hi Everyone,

A link to the post @Launch  is referring to can be found here.  Please refer to the link/pdf that @Mike_James  has provided which is the current update from Priority.  Priority is the US based software development company that is working on the update to Catalina.  MYOB has no further update until Priority informs us of such. When we do receive an update subscribed users will be notified on the post linked on the community forum

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

I know it is not your fault personally, but there is nothing you can say that will overcome the incompetence of MYOB!! Working around the clock my ass! I have a lot of programs on my computer, none of which have this problem because they upgraded to 64 bit years ago! Thousands in maintenance fees and MYOB did nothing! And I bet they will be charging again this year!! MYOB is quickly over taking NBN and their product and customer service incompetance!! I am currently in negotiations with other providers!! 

Highlighted
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

This is complete JOKE I'm in the same boat. Now I'm stuck with Mojave for how long? 6 to 12 months? Quite a possibility and ridiculous.

How come every other software provider was up to speed? mmm

Highlighted
Partner
55 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

55Posts

25Kudos

2Solutions

Seems to be taking MYOB a very long time to generate this update.

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB what's the excuse now, please?  The communication seems really poor given the distress we are putting up with?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

All

I put a call in to MYOB last Tuesday after I recieved my monthly subscription bill.

My question to MYOB was "What should I expect to recieve for my monthly subscription"

The reply was "software updates", which by the way we are now now recieving.

I am curious as to how MYOB can bill for software updates they are not able to provide. Particulary since it has created significant issues now for users who run other software that require the update to Catalina (which is EVRY other software other than MYOB).

MYOB are suddenly very keen to point out that they are not the developer (after they sold Accountedge through a MBO).

My resppnse is that Customers of Accountedge in the US can bye Accountedge for under $300, where as in Australia if we buy from MYOB it is $2,300, so MYOB are not treating their customers fairly and have to take responsibility for this problem, not pass the buck. MYOB make 80% of the margin on sales in Australia.

I requested a call back from MYOB and was told I would have one in 48hrs. I am still waiting. 

My view is that MYOB can no longer charge us becuase it is a breach of "standard form contract" legislation that has been put in place to protect small business and is enforced by the ACCC.

I would encourage everyone who subscribes to MYOB Accountedge to request that billing is stoped until such time that they can resume updating the software.

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, seems there are a few of us in the same boat.  I will contact MYOB to request billing be put on hold and report back.  Failing this resonable request I shall lodge a claim with QCAT (QLD local authority for small claims tribuneral $139 lodgement) for reimbursment of fees paid since the software became unworkable on the current operating system (updates deemed essential for typical interoperability, connectivity and security of business taks).  

I will also apply for the scheduled fine applied for breach of contract, and enforcement of immediate remedy. 

There is also the matter of compensation for the deleterious commercial effect this has imposed without due notice.

I believe it is unethical, perhaps also illegal, for MYOB to ask for continuing payment (per contract) having landed us in this awful, costly predicament.

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

(I know it seems that this is my first post to MYOB forum. It's not. However, my normal account has been strangely deactivated and no new password links are supplied following queries about the Catalina upgrade. Make me a little paranoid...)

MYOB, apologies are insufficient for something that was reasonably foreseeable 24 months ago (when 64-bit compliance was announced by Apple), and which every other software package on the market has managed to achieve. Every Accountedge customer can request a full refund and compensation, based on Australian Consumer Law Guarantees described in MYOB's own published guidelines:

"In addition to a limited 90 day warranty describe in the SLA this product also comes with the guarantees and other consumer rights and remedies that are available to you and that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Therefore you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the product repaired or replaced if the product fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. If you wish to bring a claim under the limited warranty or the guarantees, please return the product at your expense (with proof of purchase) to:

MYOB Australia Pty Ltd,
PO Box 371, Blackburn VIC 3130
T: 1300 555 111
Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Guys.  How hard is it to compile for 64Bit?  Do we have a date at all?

Highlighted
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

My hunch is MYOB has decided (going by the amount of accountedge registered users) that it's not worth perusing a 64bit version of AccountEdge pro and are hoping in frustration we will all jump on the cloud version of MYOB. 

This is where all software companies want to get you. 

1. Paying for subscription

2. Everything in the cloud

3. Stitch you up so you can't leave.

From a commericial point of view AccountEdge users are just a PIA for MYOB and there is no money in it.

Hosting online is way more profitable to them and way less headaches for them.  

The "NICE" thing MYOB could do is offer existing AccountEdge users access to AccountRight for free. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post