PPS01
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountEdge Pro - Cannot Edit Transactions

Hi,

I have opened my company file and found that i cannot edit any transactions.  It doesn't matter what module I'm in, nothing is editable.

Has anybody has this happen before?  Does anybody know what the solution is?

I have not had a high requirement for their support in the past but in this instance I have been trying to contact MYOB for the last three days and get a mesage advising they are "having a busy period and ring back later" with no option to leave a message or facility to get a call back. Is this normal for their customer service?

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,631 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25631Posts

2951Kudos

3744Solutions

Re: AccountEdge Pro - Cannot Edit Transactions

Hi @PPS01

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

If you attempt to add a transaction does it generate a message? If so, what is the exact wording of that message?

I would also make sure that Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Transactions can't be changed, they must be reversed is disabled. As by having this enabled transactions will not be able to be edited.

Finally, it may be a good idea to prompt the file for confirmation. This can be done by selecting Setup>>Company Information>>Licence and selecting to Confirm Online.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
PPS01
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
PPS01
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

OMG Steven........ Thnaks you soooo much.

Such a simple thing.  Yes, i changed the "Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Transactions can't be changed" a few days setting to reverse a payroll transaction ... and completely forgot I had done this.

Thx so much for your help.

I now have one other issue.... trying to access my account to download my invoice and cannot workout the 2 factor authentication for logging in.  I don't recall setting this up (doesn't mean i didn't... lol) and can't find any emails on it.  Are you able to help with this?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,631 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25631Posts

2951Kudos

3744Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @PPS01

Great to hear that you have managed to resolve that enquiry and it was a simple untick of a preference.

In terms of two-factor authentication and setting that up, do take a look at Help Articles: Two-factor authentication & Signing in with two-factor authentication for more information on that process.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
PPS01
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
PPS01
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions