6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Ambivalence or Incompetence?

Gee thanks Mike, now that you've pointed out that miniscule, one line apology everythings OK. Tell them they can take all the time they like now on their outdated update, I've cancelled my monthly payments until it's ready.

Cheers,

Mitch

dnow
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I think it's time for a call to the ACCC and then the media about this one. Can't believe I'm still being charged a monthly support fee for an outdated product that isn't supported on the latest OS. You deserve to be publicly shamed for this MYOB. You knew about it 2 years ago but obviously can't be bothered spending the money. You'd rather let your customers leave and drop this product.

Community Manager Suja_P
5,863 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,863Posts

2,144Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @dnow,

Sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your post and for the delay in the AccountEdge update. 

Our team is working with the developer company, from whom we license AccountEdge, to deliver a Catalina-compatible version of your software as soon as possible. This is a big undertaking because it involves a complete rewrite of the software. We are working to confirm a timeframe for delivery as an utmost priority and will get in touch with our AccountEdge customers as soon as possible to confirm. We will keep you informed with updates on progress as they become available. 

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User mitch63
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Suja,

I think we're all sick of hearing the same thing over and over again without the real questions getting answered. We all know you're rewriting the software, we all know it's not ready yet and we all know you'll tell us when it is. 

This is what we WANT to know:

1. Why did they not start work working on this two years ago when they knew the 64 bit update was coming?

2. Why do they continue to take full monthly subscription payments from us when clealy the product is sub-standard?

3. When will they stop taking subscription payments or at least discount them due to their failure?

Kind regards,

Mitch 

Highlighted
Dminor
6 Posts
User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Good luck on getting a real answer from Suija or anybody elese at the company.  You hit the nail on the head about why they didn't start working on the code 2 years ago when Apple made their announcement. Interestingly they were purchased by the Wall Street buyout firm Kohlberg Kravis on May 8, 2019. SInce being founded in the 1980's it has gone through 8-9 owners.  Looks more like a money machine for the owners rather than a company that really cares about its customers.  Taking any suggestions from other frustrated users about other accounting options.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post