Ambivalence or Incompetence?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Ambivalence or Incompetence?

Gee thanks Mike, now that you've pointed out that miniscule, one line apology everythings OK. Tell them they can take all the time they like now on their outdated update, I've cancelled my monthly payments until it's ready.

Cheers,

Mitch

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I think it's time for a call to the ACCC and then the media about this one. Can't believe I'm still being charged a monthly support fee for an outdated product that isn't supported on the latest OS. You deserve to be publicly shamed for this MYOB. You knew about it 2 years ago but obviously can't be bothered spending the money. You'd rather let your customers leave and drop this product.

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,964 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,964Posts

2,206Kudos

477Solutions

Hi @dnow,

Sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your post and for the delay in the AccountEdge update. 

Our team is working with the developer company, from whom we license AccountEdge, to deliver a Catalina-compatible version of your software as soon as possible. This is a big undertaking because it involves a complete rewrite of the software. We are working to confirm a timeframe for delivery as an utmost priority and will get in touch with our AccountEdge customers as soon as possible to confirm. We will keep you informed with updates on progress as they become available. 

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Suja,

I think we're all sick of hearing the same thing over and over again without the real questions getting answered. We all know you're rewriting the software, we all know it's not ready yet and we all know you'll tell us when it is. 

This is what we WANT to know:

1. Why did they not start work working on this two years ago when they knew the 64 bit update was coming?

2. Why do they continue to take full monthly subscription payments from us when clealy the product is sub-standard?

3. When will they stop taking subscription payments or at least discount them due to their failure?

Kind regards,

Mitch 

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Good luck on getting a real answer from Suija or anybody elese at the company.  You hit the nail on the head about why they didn't start working on the code 2 years ago when Apple made their announcement. Interestingly they were purchased by the Wall Street buyout firm Kohlberg Kravis on May 8, 2019. SInce being founded in the 1980's it has gone through 8-9 owners.  Looks more like a money machine for the owners rather than a company that really cares about its customers.  Taking any suggestions from other frustrated users about other accounting options.

Highlighted
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Agree with this post.

I am running 6 Mac's in my business along with iPhones and iPads, I have had to hold off updating an iMac and MacBook just to run MYOB. This is causing all kind of issues for me but limited options available at the moment.

I am now looking at alternatives to MYOB as this seems to be the only option available. 

I think a freeze on the fees would be a small step to appeasing us until an update, this may at least help stop people jumping ship to other software.

Also give us a rough ETA on an update, at least a month.

Not telling us anything just annoys people a lot.

Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

To rub salt into the wound I just discovered my monthly subscription went from $44 per month before Catalina to $95 per month after Catalina.

MYOB this is a joke.

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,964 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,964Posts

2,206Kudos

477Solutions

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your posts. We know your recent experience of AccountEdge has been frustrating and we sincerely apologise.

We are working closely with our developer partner to establish a firm timeframe for a Catalina compatible release. We are pushing for this to be completed as soon as possible in the first half of next year. We know this is a significant time to wait, and apologise sincerely for the impact this will have on your business. 

We’ll be contacting each of our subscribing customers on this post directly in the coming days to give you an update and talk you through the steps we are taking to rectify the problem.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Look forward to finally hearing from you guys. we have been subscriber for nearly 10 year it's totally unacceptable that with 2 years notice the software is currently bricked for us now that catalina is in full rollout.

Highlighted
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

I just rang MYOB to cancel my support coverage and said I am affected by the Catalia update, they offered 3 free months coverage.

Everyone that gets a monthly support charge call and get you three free months

Interesting that no one else has mentioned this in the calls and online chats I have had with MYOB.....

#3freemonths

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post