Ambivalence or Incompetence?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

Ambivalence or Incompetence?

Its been a month since MYOB declared AccountEdge was incapable of keeping up with Apple's Catalina operating system.

Not only were we told to put up with it, without an apology, but MYOB's invoicing has continued unabated, without so much as an update.

A call to "support" reaped more frustration and complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

When, MYOB, are you going to provide legitimate service to your customers?

A reasonable and ethical service provider would AT LEAST suspend charges while its substandard service continued.

This is appalling mismanagement, on multiple levels!

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
4,681 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,681Posts

2,105Kudos

601Solutions

Re: Ambivalence or Incompetence?

Hi @Launch , the 64bit version of AccountEdge is being developed by Priority (formerly Acclivity) in the US. See https://www.accountedge.com/knowledge-base/general/accountedge-and-64-bit/ for details and an apology.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

That link just takes you to the sales page! Where it is business as usual selling a program that doesn't work on a current computer system!! And for over $2000. And NO Apology BTW either!! 

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
4,681 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,681Posts

2,105Kudos

601Solutions

Hi @DawsonAg , from the link I provided I get the attached page, which I saved as a PDF. Apology is at the foot of page 1. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

Will any one join me in a class action to claim back charges while this fiasco of incompetence continues?

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

17. October 2019 and still nothing, total incompetence, and meanwhile we are still getting charged. I like to claim at least a refund of charges until this fiasco is over

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

224Kudos

222Solutions

Hi @Wilhelm 

Thanks for your post. The most recent update from Priority, the US based software development company that is working on the update to Catalina, was on the 9th of October.  If you would like to be notified of any updates please subscribe to the post Must Read: AccountEdge Information before upgrade MAC OS Catalina (10.15).

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

hat's the thinking here Mike... Every day Mac users get an auto-request telling them to update to the lastest system... so EVERY DAY your Account Edge customers are reminded how MYOB has failed to deliver the services it is contracted to provide...

ON top of that, every month MYOB invoices and direct debits my account for the monthly support charge... but I haven't had a satisfactory support response since last year(2018)... I'm still waiting for a response from my call of April 27, a follow-up complaint in May, another in July, and another last month (where your Indian call center just put me on hold for 15 minutes until I gave up).

Does MYOB simply think customers will stay customers for much longer? Really?

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

Teresa,

It is no longer a recent update...  Its an update MYOB was aware of two years ago when Apple announced it and it happened a quarter of a year ago.

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Theresa, I understand the matrix but it's still a major stuff up after all the information you have received from Apple to update your product - since more than 12 month you knew this was coming. Every day I turn on the Mac and I'm reminded of your company's incompetence and failure to act in a timely manner. This will cost MYOB dearly

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post