Ambivalence or Incompetence?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Ambivalence or Incompetence?

Hi Timmsy, I got the same- three months free, doesn't change the problem though, they told me realistically they wouldn't have the 64 bit program ready till mid-late next year. Lot's of apologies but no explanation really.

Highlighted
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @mitch63, I completley agree. I was told at least June but I suspect longer. This "solution" doesn't fix us using outdated software because of one product, MYOB get it fixed and stop giving us excuses.

At least this gives me some more time in my busy life to sort out an alternative without getting charged.

I suspect I will have to change to MYOB Essentials as much as I don't want to stick with MYOB as my accountant only uses MYOB.

It is just beyond belief that a company like MYOB could ignore the change to 64bit when every other piece of software I use has changed and been ready for the change well on time.

The change to 64bit has been coming on different platforms and devices for years now.

Most software developers got ahead of the game and introduced it well before it was needed.

It's like MYOB though that Apple wasn't going to drop 32bit even though they said they were.

Highlighted
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

@mitch63 I called MYOB today about the online MYOB "Essentials" and was told by the sales team guy that they have been instructed not to sell AccountEdge anymore. An email was circulated yesteday, 12-12-2019 to no longer sell AccountEdge as it wasn't going to be updated to 64bit.

Well done MYOB, kill everyones expensive software.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
38,194 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,194Posts

5,191Kudos

5,606Solutions

Hi @Timmsy73 

Due to the delay in making a Catalina compatible version of AccountEdge, we've decided to temporarily stop selling AccountEdge to new clients. 

Please rest assured that our existing AccountEdge clients will continue to be supported and the current latest AccountEdge software will continue to work with Mojave.

We will provide further information as it becomes available and keep you updated via this post AccountEdge Information before upgrade MAC OS Catalina (10.15)

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M  still stops us from updating our software.

The only real support we need is for a 64bit MYOB that should have been here several months ago at the latest.

Instead it looks like we are stuck in limbo to run one piece of software.

I am looking at alternatives.

Highlighted
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We are in the US and have been using accountedge for years...my best guess is 18 years.  We are in manufacturing and, while small, do run some sophisticated software. ..all on macs.  Not updating the operating system regularly can cause us some serious issues.  So far, nothing major, but I don't want a system crash to tell us we should have updated.  I was willing to wait a month or two after Catalina was introduced, but hearing that it could be at least 6 more months is intensely frustrating.  Not looking forward to switching to another POS system with a good autobuild function,  but may need to if this continues.

Highlighted
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Wow...strange timing.  Just received notice that Accountedge will NEVER be converted to 64 bit.  All Mac users are getting the boot, I guess.  This is going to be a nightmare.

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Where'd you hear that from? I'm not surprised but haven't been told anything by the gutless cowards at MYOB recently.

Highlighted
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Got an email today.  It's also now on the accountedge home page.

Highlighted
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

I was told a few days ago by sales in Australia that there will be no update to accountedge. I am making the jump to Essentials, pretty much have limited options.

If you need inventory and run Macs you are screwed though.

They are assuring me that Essentials will be receiving a major update in about March to bring it into line with the old software but I don't have a lot of faith in what MYOB tell me now.

I personally think the faze out of Mac software has been on the cards for a while but they won't publicly admint it. MYOB got caught out with it's timing on this. You need to offer customers a reasonable option if fazing out a product and plenty of notice don't just lie to them.

Accountedge has very quietly dissapeared off the MYOB web site in the last few weeks too I noticed.

SO MUCH FOR FULL AND CONTINUING SUPPORT OF ACCOUNTEDGE CUSTOMERS!!! 

BIG LOAD OF BS!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post