Ambivalence or Incompetence?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Ambivalence or Incompetence?

I just got told by sales they were working on it still, when I mentioned your post he went and double checked- came back with the truth, they aren't upgrading Edge! He had no idea himself and said that it isn't official so they aren't telling anyone yet. Unbelievable. Essentials does most of what I need except it won't do purchase orders so no good. Why didn't these muppets tell us this months ago? Anyone got any recommendations for other software?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,055 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,055Posts

5,029Kudos

5,418Solutions

AccountEdge Catalina

Hi Everyone

We regret to tell you it will not be possible to make AccountEdge Catalina-compliant. Despite exploring a range of options to meet the requirements of the Catalina upgrade, we have been advised it will not be possible to deliver a solution which will allow AccountEdge to operate as it does today. 

We understand and appreciate that this will be disappointing news for a number of our clients.

Our priority is on delivering the best possible solution for your needs going forward. So we urge you to click here to receive a callback and discuss your options.

Once again, we understand this is disappointing and we want to thank you for your patience as we’ve worked through this process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Re: AccountEdge Catalina

Dissappointing news? Devastating news is more like it!

I run two companies using MACS - one in Australia and one in Chicago. I have been using the "MYOB version" of AccountEdge in Australia, and the "Acclivity" (now Priority) version in USA.

For years I have been told by both MYOB and Acclivity that they are completely different programs. Even though they look and feel the same, have the same features added each upgrade (which come out at the same time), and have version numbers that are almost identical. Worse than this ongoing "mis-information", the programs have been deliberately engineered to be incompatible - so I am forced to use two different company files. They even made the FileConnect process specific to each version so I cannot even have the two separate company files on the same host. When I have tried to access the Priority website from Australia it is directed back to MYOB, but MYOB never helped me with any questions. There is probably some contractual reason behnd this, but instead of being transparent about it MYOB mysteriously decided the best customer service policy was to falsely claim the product was theirs but deny access to support from the true authors. They must think that we, their clients, are stupid.

Now, without notice, two years too late, we are told that not only IS Priority the developer of BOTH versions of AccountEdge, we are told they have no intension of converting the program to Catalina. MYOB they have suckered us into believing that they would be coming out with a solution. We just needed to trust them and be a little bit patient. What did MYOB think would happen when the deadline came? They must think their clients are fools as well.

The truth is that AccountEdge should have been converted to an ODBC compliant database years ago. That way the software would not only be platform independent, we would have been able to exchange data with programs such as Microsoft Office, making it possible to produce custom reports amongst many other possibilties. (Excel 2016 for MAC was Catalina compliant as far back as August 2016). However it is now obvious that MYOB decided years ago they were not going to develop the product in house, they were just going to pretend they were.

And even now instead of making an announcement with profuse apologies and an upgrade path (am I being  unreasonable to expect that), MYOB just quietly withdraw the product (hoping no-one would notice?) and point to Priority as the culprit when pushed for answers. MYOB have taken absolutely no responsibility for the current situation, and have literally abandoned their MAC customers. Priority DO have upgrade paths (see their website, if MYOB let you get to it) - why havnt MYOB let their customers know?

MYOB this is worse than incompetence! Your actions have been deliberate and systematic over a number of years! My dissappointment is beyond words! I am ashamed of the behaviour of this Australian company, and the reckless way MYOB have treated their MAC clients.

Highlighted
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

@Ozzibloke you are correct in your damnation of MYOB, 100% agree.

I really hope most people jump ship to another company.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Same here Ozzi- 100% agree

Didn't find your answer here?