Experienced User SimonGr
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Re: CATALINA Update

Yes I was told that. Nice chap on the phone but the gross incompetence left me at a loss for words.

cjv_qmr
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi all,

I just received an email overnight from MYOB regarding the update.  I have copied and pasted below. Basically they are saying mid 2020 for the software to be sorted. Thats not good enough for us and we have to look elsewhere for another software system. Pretty appalling I must say. I think MYOB will lose alot of business over this.

Dear xxx,

We know your recent experience of our AccountEdge platform has been frustrating and we sincerely apologise. We are writing to you to give you an update on the situation and what we are doing about it.

When Apple launched its Catalina operating system update in October, it meant 32-bit applications were no longer usable on a Mac, including AccountEdge. We recommended to you not to update to Catalina until we could work through a solution with our partner developer. 

We have subsequently established that a complete rewrite of the software is needed to rebuild every screen to 64-bit format. We are very sorry that this will result in a greatly delayed delivery of the 64-bit AccountEdge, which we are pushing to produce in the first half of next year.

We are working closely with our developer partner to establish a firm timeframe for release. We know this is a significant time to wait, and we apologise sincerely for the impact this will have on your business. 

We recommend that you do not update to Catalina until AccountEdge has been produced in the new format. We want to support you as much as possible in ensuring you can continue to access AccountEdge and other 32-bit applications, so have included link on how to ensure your computer doesn’t carry out the update here.

If you need to talk to us, we encourage you to click here to receive a call backand we will contact you as soon as possible to talk through available options.

Our sincere apologies,​

David Weickhardt​

Chief Product Officer for MYOB

Experienced User SimonGr
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

David Weickhardt​ should at the very least be tendering his resignation for gross incompetence. They have known this for years.

rdwines
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB does not give a stuff about AccountEdge users. They want us all to transfer to the costlier cloud software. I paid the full amount for Account Edge a couple of years ago and expected it to be usable for many years. MYOB knew years ago the Apple was going to 64 bit software and did buggerall to prepare  for it. Just tried to speak to MYOB Australia and was told there was at least a 30 minute delay in being answered. What a great service !!!

RDWines

Experienced Cover User DavidManne
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

To me it looks like it is just not economically feasible for MYOB to upgrade for MAC users.

By delaying the upgrade, users will voluntarily leave until all mention of upgrades can quietly disappear.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post