Catalina / AE Pro V18

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Catalina / AE Pro V18

Hi,

having just read the current update on the Catalina Upgrade v AEPro V18 that i run on Mac ..

I am interested in what you may suggest if I was to change my accounting program without too much of an issue , if so what would work with the new Catalina ? 

regards

Gayle 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,507 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,507Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Re: Catalina / AE Pro V18

Hi @Marcon 

We regrettably announced recently that AccountEdge will not be Catalina-compliant.  It will, however, operate as normal and all functionality remains the same for the foreseeable future with Mojave. 

If you need to update your operating system to Catalina, we ask you to please click here to receive a callback and to discuss the options.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Marcon 

Probably the option you should be looking at is a cloud based solution.

There is AccountEdge Connect, which is a bit cludgy but may do what you want.

Priority are offering a cloud based virtual desktop for $40 / user / month in which you can run the US version of AccountEdge. I am not sure yet if you could run the MYOB AccountEdge, but technically you should be able to.

You could also run Parallels.

If you are in the mood for something fancy, you could even run a dual-boot MAC with Catalina and Mojave on the same computer (https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/dual-boot-mac-3659676/).

Make sure you post any solution you arrive at.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,186 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,186Posts

2,271Kudos

441Solutions

Hi @Ozzibloke 

AccountEdge Connect is only available for US (or Canadian) AE versions and company files (not Australian). If you do switch to the US version, you cannot use your Aust company file, so will need to start a new company file. I suspect you would also have issues with thinks like BAS, payroll and STP etc.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

We are using the US version of AccountEdge as well as the Australian one. They are basically the same program (except for the tax related stuff). Can I ask why they are treated as completely separate programs by MYOB?

Because we run both versions, we would like to have the Australian and the US company files to be hosted on the same computer - but FileConnect won't allow this. Can I ask why this is?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,186 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,186Posts

2,271Kudos

441Solutions

Hi @Ozzibloke 

I can't tell you why File Connect works as it does, perhaps a moderator can advise.

Just a couple of additional thoughts, AE Connect allows certain updates to be made to a company file using a browser based access - designed for on the road updating. You still need to run AE from a mac to do many of the functions.

Also I'm not sure if US AE is 64 bit. If they can do that then surely they can do Aust AE as 64 bit - the database itself is exactly the same.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you for your comments .

I have recieved a call back from MYOB to discuss options , .

MYOB Essentials has been suggested , by waiting until mid year the advanced software (MYOB Advanced Essentials)  will be available, as Essentials only, dosent offer all the options that I use now, I was told  it is now under development , I have been sent a 30 day trial with essentials , so will view this to see what i think.

It would be a whole lot easier if AE US & AE AUD were using 64bit. 

I have been told that my files will go straight across to the Advanced Essentials .

Your thoughts on this program would be appreciated. 

Gayle.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post