Customer sales report showing customer name and items bought on each line

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Phloque
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer sales report showing customer name and items bought on each line

The standard customer sales report show the customer as a heading, followed by the items they bought.

I would like a report where the customer name and the item they bought were on the same row.

I need this to do an excel pivot table for planning purposes.

At present I export the report to excel and in effect copy and paste the customer name into the row of each item they bought.

If there was a way of doing this in myob it would save a lot of time.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Re: Customer sales report showing customer name and items bought on each line

Hi @Phloque 

Thanks for your post. I hope you're finding plenty of support, advice and tips on the community forum.  

Although I am not an expert in AccountEdge, I believe you can set this report to have the fields where you want them by Customising Forms in AE.  The linked article should assist with this. 

I hope this helps! If this answers your inquiry please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other customers find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Phloque
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Theresa.

About the only way I can see to have the relevant customer appear against the particular item sold is to select the "linked customer" field.

I haven't set up MYOBto do this, and don't know how to do it with items, but that is probably a topic for another post.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Phloque 

The majority of sales reports are filtered on a particular value and then have the individual transactions associated with them. For example, the Sales [Customer Detail] report will be filtered on a per-customer basis and then have the listed transactions by that customer underneath that line.  As such, getting the records on the same line is not something that can naturally be done by the product. The only way that I could see that occurring would be to send the relevant report to Excel and then make additional charges to the report to accomplish that.

You also mentioned the linked customer field, this Linked customer is predominantly linked to the job that is linked to that transactional line. You can find out more information on jobs in AccountEdge through Help Article: Jobs

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Phloque
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for clearing that up, especially regarding "Linked Customer."

I was hoping there might be a native MYOB solution so I'll keep doing (as you suggest) the rather tedious process of editing the report in excel.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post