Finance charges showing as credit

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
uml
2 Posts
User
New Zealand
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Finance charges showing as credit

Hi,

We had charged finance on some customer invoices and the customers had paid the finance charge as well as the invoiced amount.

I just noticed that when we are sending out statements those customers are showing up as a credited amount and when I look into the customer card on the A/R Balance showing up as a credit

How can I reverse this or what can I change to make the finance charge not show as a credit.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Finance charges showing as credit

Hi @uml

When a finance charge is created in AccountEdge, two transactions are created; you have the sales based transaction which accounts for the charge and there is the payment of that charge i.e. the receipt part. In your case, it shoulds like you have deleted the sales journal associated with that finance charge. By doing this you have increased the amount the customer has paid, thus they are in credit.

What I would recommend doing is taking a look at AccountEdge Support Note: Finding and deleting or reversing a finance charge for information on finding that finance charge and then correcting that resulting transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

uml
2 Posts
User
New Zealand
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Finance charges showing as credit

Hi Steve,

Turns out we never deleted the sales journal transaction because we have never created one.

So we have now created one and the credit for the finance charge has diappered.

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post