How can I generate an inventory report that includes the "I sell this item" field?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PloughGuy
Trusted Cover User
167 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

167Posts

39Kudos

7Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How can I generate an inventory report that includes the "I sell this item" field?

I buy some items to sell as is, and other items that are components that are not sold directly.  They are differentiated by the "I sell this item" checkbox on the Profile tab of the item information page.

I would like to produce a csv that includes exactly these fields:

• Item Number
  • Name
  • I sell this item
  • Quantity on hand.

In an even more perfect world, I would be able to use the I sell this item flag as a filter so I can report on the "I sell" and "I don't sell" items separately.

Is any of this possible?  I cannot see anything that looks like "I sell this item" on the Report Fields tab of the report deluxifier.

(I tried to ask the telephone support people about this but no luck - the phone answerer took 5 minutes to tell me that the wait for second tier support was an hour an a half.  Why do I pay for support when the answers are here?)

Thank you all, as always, for your help.

Russ

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How can I generate an inventory report that includes the "I sell this item" field?

Hi @PloughGuy 

I would run the Reports>>Inventoruy>>Item>>Item List Summary report. In the Customise>>Advanced Filters of this report is the option Include Items. You can select Only Sold and it will give you all the items that you have indicated that "I Sell this item" being enabled.

If you wanted a CSV format of that report data you can select Send>>>Comma Separated Values or Send>>Excel before saving it as a CSV file format.

Note: The "Only Sold" filter on all items where you have enabled "I Sell this item". This would include items where you have selected "I Inventory this item" and "I Sell this item". The basic rule of thumb if it the Item does have "I Sell this item" enabled of the item it will appear when Only Sold is selected.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

PloughGuy
Trusted Cover User
167 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

167Posts

39Kudos

7Solutions

Re: How can I generate an inventory report that includes the "I sell this item" field?

Steve,

Thanks for your help.  This is quite useful.  Thank you.  The CSV side of it I had under control but I had missed the Advanced Filters option.

One thing AE really needs is a data dictionary that shows the correlation between fields on the input forms ("I sell this product") and subsequent usages (such as the "Only sold" selection filter.)  The change in language masks the relationships between the underlying data field in the database and the places where it is entered, consumed and used as a filter.

This filter allows me to list all the items I sell, but it does not allow me to list all the items that I don't sell.  This assymetry is pervasive in AE and quite annoying.  The three flags Buy/Sell/Inventory are independent of each other and really should be availabe in the same way as the Web Store option, allowing, for example, Sold, Not Sold and Don't Care.

After close inspection, it looks like there is no way to list the values of any of these flags, other than the Web Store flag, in a report.  Even the Item Detail report doesn't show them.

I am doing a consistency check of my items list and missing fields such as these mean I have to drill into each of my 300+ products individually.

Anyhow, thanks for your help.  I can, at least, list all products, then list the three individual Buy/Sell/Inventory lists and get Excel to fake up the report I need.  More fun then 300+ drill-downs. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post