Mac Catalina Disappointment - I have to agree that MYOB have acted in a fraudulent manner by stringing us along .

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Mac Catalina Disappointment - I have to agree that MYOB have acted in a fraudulent manner by stringing us along .

I have been contacting MYOB customer service for about 18 months as the new Mac screen was so fuzzy when running MYOB subscription service Account Edge and was told again and again the software people were working on an upgrade. This was several months BEFORE Catalina launched.  I want to know as Mac users are we being duped by MYOB and misled, is there a class action lawsuit to be made here? Misleading intentionally is fraudulant behavior, I would like my exhorbitant monthly fees repaid and also assistance with changing to a new software program that will treat its Mac users as customers and not a parasitic host.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,612 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,612Posts

4,970Kudos

5,352Solutions

Re: Mac Catalina Disappointment - I have to agree that MYOB have acted in a fraudulent manner by stringing us along .

Hi @MacGirl 

Thank you for your feedback in regard to our recent announcement about AccountEdge

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the latest versions of AccountEdge being not compatible with Retina Display.  We did have every intention for the functionality to be added to the AccountEdge product range. Unfortunately, in light of the recent decision regarding Catalina, we don’t expect a new release for AccountEdge in the immediate future. 

Please note that that, AccountEdge will continue to operate with all its current functionalities on the Mojave operating system.

That said, we'd love to discuss your options with you. So could you please send us your contact details via a Private Message to us.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Mac Catalina Disappointment - I have to agree that MYOB have acted in a fraudulent manner by stringing us along .

`not happy myob, not happy at all, what are you  going to do to we get are money back ?

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB have acted in a fraudulent manner to put it lightley 

i will be get in in touch with my lawyer for advice ASAP

Highlighted
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

I am also extremely disappointed. My business has been a MYOB client for over 30 years and when i converted to Mac around 10 years ago, i stayed loyal to MYOB. I don't think MYOB understands the knock on affect this has had. I am required to keep my compluter and security updates 'up to date' for my business. I am obviously not able to do that due the MYOB not working on Catalina. I am now scrambling around trying to find an alternative ASAP when I DON'T WANT TO! 

As all mac users were told, 'a solution was being worked on'. To be told in affect, 'we give up - see you later Mac users' is extremely disappointing and grounds for further legal action. Changing accounting software for my business is stressful and time consuming. I'm running 2 small businesses and really just don't have the time to deal with a massive change in my already ever changing industry. 

I am also one of many unhappy customers and i hope MYOB will be offering some kind of compensation. If not, i will also join the legal action against MYOB. 

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Agree with everyone here about the disappointment and upheaval to our businesses. I only have need for basic accounting solutions and so went ahead with MYOB's recommended Essentials software as they assured me I could transfer my data via the free Data Migration option. All the data is a mess - totally scrambled with invoices mixed up with bills and no gst recorded on any expenses. A whole stack of my invoices were missing first migration and then only open invoices added on the second round. We can't run our business like this and don't have time to re-enter data. I need to upgrade to Catalina otherwise Office 365 isn't supported, so this has become urgent. I have not real satisfaction from MYOB migration team or data services re the data issues - they are blaming MYOB essentials!! The folk at Zero say the data issue belongs to Account Edge Basic, and that it is difficult to get it to transfer accurately but at least they are willing to help if I need to go down that path. C'mon MYOB step up.

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,146 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,146Posts

2,253Kudos

434Solutions

Hi @HelenLaw 

Interesting to hear about your experience. Conversion of AccountEdge files are problematic - none of the conversion services seem to be able to deal with them correctly, not even MYOB's migration service to Essentials.

There is only one place that can do the conversions correctly (no data loss, all transactions intact and in original format) but costs about $300. Your AccountEdge Basics file can be converted to an AccountRight Basics file without the need to re-enter any transactions - send me a private message if you want contact details. Some users have used this service to convert their AccountEdge file to v19. MYOB can then convert to Essentials properly, otherwise they just can't seem to convert the AccountEdge files.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,612 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,612Posts

4,970Kudos

5,352Solutions

Hi @HelenLaw 

Sorry to hear that your migration to MYOB Essentials hasn't gone smoothly. 

If you do find an issue with your data immediately after migration we would recommend emailing migrations@myob.com with your contact details and description of the issue. Our team will get in touch with a solution or suggestions on what to do next with your enquiry.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, Thanks for your message, but I have already sent back a list of issues twice and the responses from the data migration team just sending me a link to how to read a gst report is really not helpful. There are clearly issues with the Account Edge Basic software that does not allow successful migration to any other software, including MYOB's own software, and so the offer of data migration by MYOB is pretty much useless because I would have to re-enter 6 month's worth of data just for this financial year, let alone previous years.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,612 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,612Posts

4,970Kudos

5,352Solutions

Hi @HelenLaw 

I understand reviewing your migration activity that the open sales invoices were inadvertently created as general journal entries. This as rectified by our migrations team and those transactions should now be listed as Sales based transactions. Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance with MYOB Essentials.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post