Mac upgrade for catalina.

wendyh16
3 Posts
User

3Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Mac upgrade for catalina.

OMG your company is unbelievable! You knew when I bought the product that it would not work for long. There should be a class action for compensation about this as all other companies which had only 32-bit had their upgrades ready. What makes it worse is my mac was totally playing up, freezing etc and I had my daughter look at why and she noticed I hadn't updated to Catalina and so " fixed " my computer by doing so, now I don't know if it will ever work. Review on your company is a -10 ( minus 10 )

9 REPLIES 9
Ashley2
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Mac upgrade for catalina.

I simarly find it appalling that there is not a Mac AccountEdge upgrade for Catalina available yet.

You guys are competing with Xero. This is enough to make me changeover. Your addressing of this issue is pathetic. You spend so little on your R&D, no wonder Xero is able to waltz in and take market share.

MARKO
3 Posts
User
Australia
User

3Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Myob   Unfit for purpose, undeniably useless to take away functionality of a product that is for business use on mac computers.  The message is clear MYOB do not want your business if you use a mac or they wish to force you to go to the cloud.  

XERO ACCOUNTABILITY AND ARROGANCE BEYOND BELIEF, MYOB SHOULD BE DE REGISTERED AS AN ENTITY FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE AND POOR ETHICS OVER ACCOUNT EDGE UPDATE.

Only my opinion.

RJSSP
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: New Mac operating software

Well... Interesting enough, we just recieved an email from MYOB very clearly stating thet Account Edge WILL not be Calalina compliant ... This despite all the promises over the last few months the update is certainly coming.  So, we now have  MYOB happily taking our money every month for "support" while we wait for the update, not being able to update operarting software, only to be told NOW that it is not going to happen...

Seems somewhat unethical of a business to make promises and months later not deliver or even have a viable option at this point ... 

But of course... as per the email...

"MYOB has a range of alternative accounting software products available for you to explore and we’re looking forward to sharing some new innovations with you in the coming weeks that will be of particular interest to Mac users" 

So MYOB ... where are they ... ?

RJSSP
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Well... Interesting enough, we just recieved an email from MYOB very clearly stating thet Account Edge WILL not be Calalina compliant ... This despite all the promises over the last few months the update is certainly coming.  So, we now have  MYOB happily taking our money every month for "support" while we wait for the update, not being able to update operarting software, only to be told NOW that it is not going to happen...

Seems somewhat unethical of a business to make promises and months later not deliver or even have a viable option at this point ... 

But of course... as per the email...

"MYOB has a range of alternative accounting software products available for you to explore and we’re looking forward to sharing some new innovations with you in the coming weeks that will be of particular interest to Mac users" 

So MYOB ... where are they ... ?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,431 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,431Posts

4,479Kudos

4,856Solutions

Hi @RJSSP 

Our initial intention was to release an AccountEdge Catalina compliant update. However, after exploring a range of options we regret to inform clients that it will not be possible to make AccountEdge Catalina compliant.

We do recommend clients that are do need to upgrade their operating system to Catalina to get in touch to discuss options - click here to receive a callback

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Gingerblue
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Steven

I think you need to make some announcement now about how you will integrate AccountEdge users into existing or a new stand-alone product. I think I can speak for everybody it's the time and expense to transfer data into a new system is the pain from this point on. If you have a plan to transfer data to existing MYOB product for mac users please let us know now!!!

RJSSP
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Steven, Thanks for the reply,

But I think you may or may not know that for users with multiple companies, inventory and a few other aspects there is NO current solution, not even cloud based.

So at this point, we have no options except to not update operating systems...  Yet we are paying montly full price for a product not fit for purpose at this point in time. 

As a business owner, if we don't deliver on promises, we make ammends and have real solutions to our loyal customers. 

Is MYOB willing to make ammends until such a time as a new option is available?

Ashley2
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

I think it absolutely appalling what MYOB has done. You guys should hang your heads in shame. You deserve our contempt.

MOB69
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Steven,

myob should be calling every account edge customer and trying to work out a solution with big compensation for all the cost you have inflicted on us small business people who have been very loyal to what is now looking like a very bad corporate citizen in Australia.

I

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post