MacOS Catalina upgrade

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ExclusWater
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MacOS Catalina upgrade

I have a small business and am currently using the Accountedge Pro but I cannot upgrade my MacOS to Catalina due to the MYOB 32bit situation.  I heard that it may be possible to transfer all from Accountedge Pro to MYOB Essentials.  Is that correct?  And if so, is it easy to do.  And can I then update to Catalina, once everything has been transferred to MYOB Essentials from Accountedge Pro?  

I'm not really keen on going out and buying a whole new computer and using a different business software package just because MYOB won't upgrade.  

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: MacOS Catalina upgrade

Hi @ExclusWater 

AccountEdge data is able to be migrated to the MYOB Essentials product range.

For more information on this service and what is data can be migrated including FAQs can be found on Move to Essentials.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

ExclusWater
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Steven.  I will look into it then.  Does this mean if I migrate to Essentials, will I be able to update my MacOS?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @ExclusWater 

MYOB Essentials is browser-based so you would be able to access the business information via an Internet browser running on Catalina, Mojave or Windows or an iOS/Android.

Although, my recommendation would be to look at migrating and keep on the current OS X until you have happy with Essentials. This way you are not getting stuck with needing to running AccountEdge on Catalina and needing to roll back that OS X.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post