Motor vehicle deductions in D5 causing validation error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jamie_Reed
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Motor vehicle deductions in D5 causing validation error

While completing 2020 ITRs if at D1 a motor vehicle deduction schedule is created it will flow through to D5 (even though allocated to D1). When it flows through the amount will be nil and when attempting to drill in to it takes you back to D1. This empty line in D5 results in a validation error for the return. The only fix I have found so far is to delete the entire motor vehicle schedule and claim the calculated amount in D5 manually. Attached is a photo of the line with nil amount. Motor vehicle expenses in d5.PNG

Is there a fix for this on my end or will I need to keep moving it manually to D5 for the moment?

2 REPLIES 2
ByronP
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Motor vehicle deductions in D5 causing validation error

We are having the same problem and we thought you had to delete it, but it seems if you go in and out of the schedule a few times it seems to go away.    Very frustrating as no logic to making the error go away.3

This needs to be fixed along with several other errors in 2020 tax.  In nearly 20 years of using this, this seems to be the most error prone release of tax I have ever encountered.

Ben__R
MYOB Staff
5 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Motor vehicle deductions in D5 causing validation error

Hi @Jamie_Reed@ByronP  sorry for the late reply,

This issue was resolved in the 2020.0a hotfix. To download the hotfix, please go to my.myob.com.au and you can find the installer under My Products> Downloads.

After applying the hotfix, re-open the return and refresh the D5 worksheet to remove the incorrect MVE description.

View this article for more fixes in the hotfix:

https://help.myob.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52701950

We are working to improve your experience, a good link to look at for MYOB issues and fixes, as well as common ATO rejections please also keep this link handy:

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/supps/Tax+2020.0+issues

Kinds regards,

Ben.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post