My BASlink form does not contain any figures.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User GrahamGCH
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

My BASlink form does not contain any figures.

I have started to complete my BAS for July - Sept and when opening the BASlink there are no figures in any fields on the GST calculation sheet. I have had the system for a few years but have never had this issue. I updated to V5 recently so assume it is related to this somehow but am not sure how to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User GrahamGCH
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: My BASlink form does not contain any figures.

I may have found the problem. Looks like I need to re-Setup the fields as they have re-set due to the update of my version.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,080 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,080Posts

4,262Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: My BASlink form does not contain any figures.

Hi @GrahamGCH

Great to hear that you have found what was occurred, perhaps the following can shed some more light on the situation for you.

When you open BASlink in AccountEdge, the system will look at a setup file. This setup file stores your settings in the file i.e. what you have for G1, G2... What happens, especially when you move computers or upgrade that setup file is not carried across and then when you open BASLink the fields are blank*. If that does happen, you are best to go to Setup & Links>>Import Setup & links and navigate to the previous setup file - generally, Documents>>AccountEdge version folder >>BASLink>>Setup and would be called <yourABN> .bas. By selecting that file it will import those settings so you have populated data. 

The process of selecting that setup file does get a little complex if you have opened BASLink, noticed that the fields are blank closed it down. What this will do is save a setup file in your BASlink folder which will be blank, so when you select it you load a blank setup. If this does occur ensure that you have gone into the previous version's AccountEdge>>BASLink folder i.e. if you were on v15 and moved to v16 it would AccountEdge v15>>BASLink folder.

Alternatively, you can setup the BAS Worksheet again. Do ensure you speak to an accountant/BAS expert to ensure that you are selecting the best options for the relevant fields.

*Note: blank fields are different fields that contain 0

EDIT:  

• File>>Setup & links>>Import Setup & links from within BASLink is the path for importing that Setup file
  • For AccountRight the path would be:
    • AccountRight Classic (v19) - C: \PremierClassic\BASLink\Setup
    • AccountRight 2017 - C:\Users\--username--\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\BASLink\Setup

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post