Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

New Mac operating software

MYOB

I pay and have paid thousands of dollars over the years in support fees to you!

I pay this support fee for you to continue to improve my software and keep it up to date with the new operating systems as they come out. 

YOU  have failed misserably on this occasion. When will you have the new 64 bit version Available? I wnat a  definate date within a month of when you will deliver. NOt wishy washy letters telling me you are working hard on it!

I am  also going to go to the the relevent governemnet organisation and seek to recover the suport monies I have been paying to you.

Its time MYOB got serious about customer care instead of selling the business to next greedy company at huge profits at the expense of lotyal customers such as myself.

Senior MYOB mangers should be ashamed of themselves and the business they operate. 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Community Manager
5,964 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,964Posts

2,206Kudos

477Solutions

Re: New Mac operating software

Hi @MOB69,

Thank you for your post. We know your recent experience of AccountEdge has been frustrating and we sincerely apologise.

We are working closely with our developer partner to establish a firm timeframe for a Catalina compatible release. We know this is a significant time to wait, and apologise sincerely for the impact this will have on your business. 

We’ll be contacting you directly in the coming days to give you an update and talk you through the steps we are taking to rectify the problem.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Empty words from MYOB, based on a communications and public relations degree, lacking any substance have no effect. Being told we are frustrated is not just useless but irritating. Being told the problem began in October 2019 when it was known for months that this change was happening is just insulting. 

Highlighted
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I called in to discuss this exact topic with your MYOB support team and was completely underwhelmed! The person firstly gave me a bland response such as we are receiving in this thread however, when they realised that I was planning to close my account, further information was obtained from the 'IT lead' in this project. I was informed it could take to the middle (June) of 2020 to produce this upgrade. I explained that by requsting users to refrain from upgrading to Catalina, they are compromising our computers whihc is totally unacceptable. As a result I simply informed the support person that I have been an MYOB user for around 20 years now and have paid thousands of Dollars for the privilege of using the system and maybe I had been misguided in my faith in the organisation. Amazingly a revised statment was released shortly after this call ststaing the system would be released 'early in the new year'. Well, that is an improvement on June 2020 but still falls way short of the mark for me. MYOB will need to change this attitude and regard customer support as a much higher priortiy in the future if we are to continue paying for the privilege of being treated with such disdain. 

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I think it woud help us all to understand the reasons for the delay if MYOB could explain why they did not start working on the 64 bit version at least two years ago,  whn Apple first announts the end-of-life of 32 bit software.

It appears that MYOB just did not believe that this would ever occur.

Alternatively,  MYOB is not responsible to the software,  but rather that the Mac version is really someone elses product that MYOB licences.  If this thrid party is just not interested in upgrading the software,  then there is nothing that MYOB can do.

If that is the case,  we shoud be advised of this.

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

i agree 100%

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I just spoke to MYOB staff, who said that MYOB will not be issuing a Catalina-compatible version of AccountEdge Basic. So I am left up a creek without a paddle. Thanks, MYOB.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,439 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,439Posts

547Kudos

520Solutions

Hi @Craig3 

We do understand it is disappointing but unfortunately it hasn't been possible to make AccountEdge Catalina compliant. I can see that you have discussed moving to either AccountRight or Essentials with our live chat team. If you need more information on either of those products or wish to discuss your options further please do let me know.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your post, Tracey.

As I explained to your live chat team, I am uing MYOB to keep on top of my personal expenses and incomes; I am retired, and do not run a business.

As I often travel overseas, I need a standalone accounting application; online access won't do.

If MYOB has an accounting program that meets the above, and can run on Catalina, please let me know.

C

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post