Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Re: New Mac operating software

C

I tried talking to MYOB and waited for replies, only to be told they could not help me ie Account Edge was being phased out and I would have to pay much more for multiple licences for online software which is no use to me either as I travel a lot and often do bookwork in planes, trains etc without wifi availability

I am switching to Moneyworks which so far is brilliant and does everything I need for a low monthly fee or fixed up front licence - you can choose, but it has unlimited licences for one fee.

It is fully 64 bit compliant and I would recommend it to you. They have plenty of help and have built a special app to help you tranfer from MYOB.

I've asked MYOB to contact me to discuss my subscription and they haven't even replied. It seems they just don't care about long term, loyal Account Edge customers. I recommended their products to many people over a 30 year period, and now they just tell me they can't help me any more and that I won't even beable access my old data.

If any moderators from MYOB are reading this, can you please contact me re my subscription??

I've just spent an hour per night for a month, making reports from my old files, so I can get my historic financial data (which I need for CGT compliance). Once I conver to catalina, which I have to do for other software, I lose all my old file access and years of essential data I had stored in MYOB.

I strongly suggest you consider an alternate software supplier.

good luck

G

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,014 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Hi @Ned 

We've happy to assist with any enquires relating to your subscription that you do have. You are welcome to send this in a Forum private message along with your serial number to myself so I can offer that assistance or put you in touch with the required team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hello G,

My experience is very similar as you might have noticed from an earlier post of mine.  I too am shocked and concerned that a company that was such a pleasure to deal with over the 20 years I have used MYOB has deserted us without the decency of a proper explanation.

Incidentally, I have tried 2x during the past few weeks to discuss using MYOB Essentials for my business and find the same disinterest in discussing the migration of data and how this is managed. When I eventually have someone on the end of the phone (not a machine), they don't seem to want to provide 'real' information in this regard, adn simply repeat that I must subscribe for the 30 free trial period and test it myself!!

I also want to share with everyone who may also be considering migrating to MYOB Essentials that apparently, you cannot migrate ANY payables information, even if you dont use purchase orders. In fact, even the basic supplier details such as name, address, ABN etc are apparently not migrated. I was informed that therefore i would have to recapture basic tax information for each purchase when I enter the payment in the cash book. Essentials apparently does not retain outstanding payables data! I'm not sure this even meets accounting stabdards but hoepfully MYOB have checked this?

I too, am now being forced to migrate to a new financial system, and it doesn't look like I will select MYOB Essentials.

Good luck to all Account Edge users who are now in a similar position.

Thanks

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Dear R

I fully sympathise with you as I was in exactly the same position after 30 years as a loyal customer. 

I've switched to Moneyworks by Cognito Softwareand it is great and you get unlimited file access ie as many entities/files as you want for the one price. They have a file converter to assist the transition, but it doesn't bring across all historical transactions or convert previous year's files. I spent weeks doing MYOB reports to extract as much historical information as I could from my hundreds of MYOB files as I won't be able to access them on my new laptop which arrived today running Calalina!

I wish you all the best with your decision. I could not continue with MYOB as the new products did not have the functionality I wanted and also were much dearer and were cloud based which does not suit me when I travel a lot.

The switch to Moneyworks was really very easy and they answered all my email queries quickly as I was making my decision. I would definitely recommend you check them out.

All the best

G

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,014 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Hi @RD52 

If you are looking at moving to MYOB Essentials we do recommend checking out the MYOB Migration and Conversion Services FAQ. This does include information including what will be migrated, which I have included below for reference.

What gets brought across in the conversion?
If you are converting to Essentials Accounting, your contacts, accounts, open sales and purchases
and items list will be brought across.

Other transactions such as closed sales/purchases, banking transactions and payroll transactions
will be brought across as general journal entries.

How much history is converted?
As part of the migration service, we will bring across the prior financial year and current financial yeat to date.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steven_M,

That may be all well and good however, when I contact your support line (3x times now) I never receive any specfiic information such as (i) how do I arrange a conversion date ie a date around the EOFY 2020 that the support team are expecting my file and that I can have confidence the converted data will be returned to me shortly after the start of the new financial year ie very soon after 1 July? Alternatively, can your team advise a date and set up the whole the arrangement so it is hassle free? So far, everytime I contact your team, I simply hold forever and then land up gaining generic answers onyl to be placed thorugh to a support person who never answers the phone!

(ii) If you read my earlier post,  I was informed in one call that supplier data is not converted - any supplier data - evven name, address and ABN records. This means I would have to recapture all supplier data every time I make a payment. Is this information accurate? I was informed that outstanding payable balances and data is not a feature of Essentials at all - Is this true? 

Thank you for taking the time and troube to reply however, as you may have already gathered, MYOB will have to raise its game quite considerably to satisfy a lot of AccountEdge users who have been badly let down. Are you the right person to start that process moving?

Thanks RD52

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,014 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Hi @RD52 

Typically, the aim is to provide a client with the migrated converted data three business days after you submit the file to our migration services team. However, issues can arise and our team will let the client know where possible where we are not able to convert that file within the timeframe. The system is based on a process where the client submits the file into our team, they would work on the file and indicate that is completed after the migration. It is not a service that you can book a time to have that migration completed.

Checking with our migration team they would be able to migrate that supplier contact information. Although, it should be noted that only selected data as indicated in my previous reply on this thread can be migrated. Note: AccountRight/AccountEdge company files that have locations, negative inventory or multi-currency can NOT be converted to MYOB Essentials.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post