Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Still unable to send Single Touch Payroll to ATO

I have deleted and reinstalled the program and deleted the certificate so many times but still no success.

I have folowed all the instructions for the patch and the certificate, and restarted the computer but I am still getting error messages.

Firstly

AccountEdge cannot connect to the ATO

Error Code -25300; Please ensure that certificate AccountEdge has been installed correctly.

when I try to enter payroll reporting. Then when I tried to submit the report I get

Error creating certificate identity

Please ensure that certificate AccountEdge has been installed correctly.

I am getting desperate -- I need to get this sent to ATO for the EFY. I have already signed up for MYOB business but I want to get this sorted before trying to migrate.

Can anyone help??

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisMYOB
MYOB Moderator
1,178 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,178Posts

80Kudos

137Solutions

Re: Still unable to send Single Touch Payroll to ATO

Hello @Sue_M 

Can you please confirm if when installing the certificates you are following this process here:

1. Locate the downloaded AccountEdge Pro v18.dmg file then double click to open the file.
  2. Double-click the Extras folder icon to view additional files.
  3. Double-click the MYOB AccountEdge Certificate package. The Install AccountEdge Certificate window appears.
  4. Click Continue to begin the installation process.
  5. Click Continue to agree to the software license agreement.
  6. Select the location destination for installing this software then click Continue.
  7. Click Install.
  8. Click Close to end the Install AccountEdge Certificate process.

and after doing so you are still getting the error message about not being able to connect? If so are you able to please attach a screenshot with the error in it.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Sue_M
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Still unable to send Single Touch Payroll to ATO

Chris,
If I download the MYOB AE Pro v18.7 Full Installer there is an extras folder but it says the certificate is expired. If I download the MYOB AE Pro v18.7 STP Certificate Update then there isn't an extras folder. However a new certificate appears in keychain (but it still doesn't work).

(I also keep getting this message when I try to Post on this forum  "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." -- there isn't anything in the post that has been removed but it will then post OK.)
Sue_M
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Chris,
If I download the MYOB AE Pro v18.7 Full Installer there is an extras folder but it says the certificate is expired. If I download the MYOB AE Pro v18.7 STP Certificate Update then there isn't an extras folder. However a new certificate appears in keychain (but it still doesn't work).

(I also keep getting this message when I try to Post on this forum  "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." -- there isn't anything in the post that has been removed but it will then post OK.)
ChrisMYOB
MYOB Moderator
1,178 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,178Posts

80Kudos

137Solutions

The operating system can impact the way Accountedge works. the operating system does need to be between versions 10.10 and 10.14. 

If your operating system is 10.15 Catalina or later you will need to get an IT professional to revert the 10.14

can you please confirm that the operating system is not 10.14 or later and that you are meeting the AccountEdge system requirements.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Sue_M
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Chris I have kept a computer on 10.14 specifically for MYOB (10.14.6)

Sue_M
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have deleted the certificate again and used the one in the extras folder even though it said it was expired (see screenshot). No certificate appeared in keychain.  I then did the download STP certificate from the Company Maintenance drop down on the opening screen and a valid certificate appeared in keychain but still getting errors. No longer getting the 

"AccountEdge cannot connect to the ATO

Error Code -25300; Please ensure that certificate AccountEdge has been installed correctly." when I click on payroll reporting but now get 

"Before you can submit a pay event, you must get a Software ID.

When you click OK, you will be directed to the Payroll Reporting Setup window."  

When I click on GET SOFTWARE ID I get the original error message

"AccountEdge cannot connect to the ATO

Error Code -25300; Please ensure that certificate AccountEdge has been installed correctly."

Regards Sue

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 5.49.17 pm.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 5.39.19 pm.jpg
Sue_M
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Any ideas Chris?

Sue_M
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Any ideas anyone? Really need this sorted by Thursday (first payroll in new year.) If not I don't know what will happen with the ATO.

ChrisMYOB
MYOB Moderator
1,178 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,178Posts

80Kudos

137Solutions

From what I can see in the above-mentioned, it appears to be an issue with the keychain. 

Issues with the key chain are either caused by a security issue or corruption with the keychain and will need to be cleared. I have found this Help Article about how to clear a MAC keychain error which you should be able to follow. 

Please note if you need further assistance with resolving the Keychain you will need to speak to an IT professional as the keychain is environmental to your MAC.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post