8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Updating to Catalina AccountEdge Basic

No impressed. Received an email 20th August 2019 and then again 1st Oct 2019, saying 'you must not upgrade to Catalina until we have released the new version of AccountEdge'. It is now mid January 2020 and have not received another email explaining what is going on. Come on MYOB, treat your customers better than that! I need to upgrade my software. Does anyone know what the latest news is? Clearly MYOB doesn't… I hope this isn't all a ploy to make you buy yet another accounting program.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,045 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,045Posts

4,567Kudos

4,968Solutions

Re: Updating to Catalina AccountEdge Basic

Hi @coalface 

After exploring a wide range of options, last week we regretfully announced that AccountEdge will not be Catalina compliant. See AccountEdge Information before upgrade MAC OS Catalina (10.15) for more information.

While AccountEdge will operate as normal and all functionality remains the same for the foreseeable future with the Mojave operating system. If you do need to upgrade to Catalina, we do recommend reaching out to our team to discuss options - click here to organise a callback.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User coalface
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks. Hopefully when the MYOB rep calls they can 1) advise of how to cope with this fiasco without parting with large amounts of $s, 2) signing up for something you don't want and doesn't suit your needs and 3) can advise how to migrate ALL the info you have carefully inputted into Accounts Edge Basic. BTW, I think it rude, inconsiderate and presumptious of MYOB not to reach out personally via emails to assist in this matter, rather than the MYOB Accounts Edge basic V3 holder have to post in a public forum to receive advice. Cheers

Highlighted
Contributing User Ozzibloke
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @coalface 

I am looking into MoneyWorks on the advice of another AccountEdge victim.

It is looking good so far, and they have a converter for AccountEdge data. I'm downloading the demo and will let the forum know how it goes.

Highlighted
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi thanks I'll look into it. In consideration MYOB was designed initially for Macs, MYOBs delivery to Mac users is mediocre to say the least!

Highlighted
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks. I registered over a week ago for a MYOB consultant to ring me - as yet no call! Looking forward to some options toward a solution to this ASAP.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,045 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,045Posts

4,567Kudos

4,968Solutions

Hi @coalface 

Sorry to hear that you haven't been contacted with respect to AccountEdge.  We initially had an influx in calls post-announcement, however, our phone-based team have been working through contacting clients that have requested that callback.

In saying that, if you would like to send me a private message with your product serial number and best contact number I'll be happy to pass that directly onto the team for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post