Operating Expenses differ to P & L

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner Rachael_W
11 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Operating Expenses differ to P & L

I have just run a report ending May 18, and the Operating Expenses for May $104,131 say that they are similar to total recorded last month (104,131) which i thought was strange.  I ran the P & L for the previous month which shows the total to be $ 104, 084.  While not a huge difference, can anyone tell me why the report hasnt printed the correct amount?

Thanks

Rachael

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Product Manager Daniel_Kinal
16 Posts
MYOB Product Manager
Australia
MYOB Product Manager

16Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Operating Expenses differ to P & L

Hi Rachael,

If you haven't yet found a solution for this, could you please submit it as a support request? That way we can look at your issue in more depth.

Ultimate Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,642 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,642Posts

1,029Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Operating Expenses differ to P & L

Hi @Rachael_W and CC @Daniel_Kinal

Check which year you were running the report for . Sometimes your file will still show your Current year as ending on 30 June 2017 - and will show May 2017 figures, when you wanted May 2018. If so, select Next year - your report wil, then show May 2018.

This situation can occurr when last year's file rollover has been delayed, whilst waiting for your tax accountant to send you the year-end general jounrals for 30/6/2017.

If tnis applies to you, poitely but firmly ask them to send you the journal entries N - O - W !

Better still, add them as an Online user - Accountant/Bookkeeper - and they can enter them themselves.

Kym Yeoward, CPA & MYOB Advisor

Darwin (Palmerston)

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post