Edit news item

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing User 21Sunshine
6 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Edit news item

I can't edit my news items. The only news item that appears is the very first one that was posted on the website several months ago. I want to edit a recent item that appears on the website.

Edit: updated the subject.

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,193 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,193Posts

507Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Edit news item

Hi @21Sunshine,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Could you please confirm that this is the website you are referring to?

http://www.manorparktaxigolf.co.nz/

I can see there are serveral news items added this month, to edit them, please log in to your Atlas website > Edit site > mouse over the cog icon next to the new publish date > Edit to update the information. 

If you are still experiencing issues, please take a screenshot of the issue, which will be very helpful for troubleshooting.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

6 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry, still confused. The only story I can bring up is the very first one I posted several months. I just now changed a capital T to a lower case t in that story and it worked. 

But I cannot display any other news items whatsoever.

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

3,488Posts

1,326Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @21Sunshine

We've checked your webpage, and all of your news items are accessible and editable. To edit a news item, first log into your website. To log into your website, go to your webpage, scroll down to the bottom and click 'log in' in the bottom right-hand corner. Select login with your MYOB Account and enter your login details.

Once logged in click 'edit site' at the top of the screen and then click 'news' on the left-hand side. You'll see a your news page here. Under the section for entering a new post, you'll see all of your existing posts.

Every news article will be listed here. The most recent will be up the top, and the least recent at the bottom. You may need to scroll down to see them all. Each news article has the title first, the text next and the date LAST. Next to the date (at the bottom of the article) is a grey cog. If you mouse over the grey cog, it will turn blue and the options for the news post will appear. Here click edit to edit the post.

For instance from the image below, you can see that I have 3 news posts on my website, titled 'My first news post', 'My second news post,' and 'Final news post.' While you can't see my cursor in the image, you can see from the blue cog, that I've moused over the cog for my most recent news post and I can now select 'edit' should I wish to edit this post.

EditNews.png

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
6 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply but there is still something wrong. I have edited news items previously and yesterday I was able to edit the only news item that I can display.

The problem is that all the other news items are not being displayed and I don't know why.

I can see all the news items when I view the website as any other visitor would do so but when I log in to do any editing of the website only the first very news item is displayed. The other news items are not displayed and I can't understand why this would be.

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

3,488Posts

1,326Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @21Sunshine

It looks like you may be logging into the wrong website. It looks like when you were setting up your website in June, you created 2 Atlas websites. One was created on 10.06.2016 and was given the default website address http://manorpar.myob.net/. You never claimed a domain for this website and only ever created one news item for it. It looks like this is the website you're logging into now, and it was created in error.

The second website was created on 18.06.2016 and given the default website address http://manor002.myob.net/. You claimed the domain name http://www.manorparktaxigolf.co.nz/ for this website and created several news items as recently as 23 November. This second website is the one that you've been using and that you should be trying to log into. 

If you're only seeing one news item, then you're logging into the old website that you're not using anymore. If you have any old book marks for your log in page or any old link for it saved, delete them, because they point towards the wrong webpage. To login to the correct website so that you can edit it, just go to www.manorparktaxigolf.co.nz (as if you were a visitor to your website), then scroll right down to the bottom of the screen and click the 'log in' link right down the bottom. Alternatively you can click this direct link:

https://manor002.secure.myob.net/mylogin

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Highlighted
6 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Bingo. Yes my laptop was picking up that first website address. All working now. Thanks very much.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post