Email not forwarding

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Email not forwarding

Emailing forwarding doesn't work.

how can this be fixed?

how can the emails be recovered ? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,761 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,761Posts

182Kudos

269Solutions

Re: Email not forwarding

Hi @nznubian11 

You can check the timestamp of when the last email was forwarded successfully by logging into MYOB Atlas website. After logging in, click on Site Settings---> Email addresses and scroll down to the end. You would find the time for last email forwarded there. 

If it is around the time when the email was forwarded to your inbox, it means that the email forwarding function has worked successfully and you should have the emails in your account. I would recommend checking Junk/Spam folders in that case and if not there, you would have to follow it  up with your host for the linked email address. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks done all that and then changed the email it forwards to and I'm now getting them.

Problem is the ones sent before this while is was broken? I need to recover those, they must be somewhere within the system, do you know where they would be / how I can get to them? 

It must have been the type of email as first I used @icloud.com which didn't work I then changed it to @Gmail.com and I'm now getting them. 

thanks 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,761 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,761Posts

182Kudos

269Solutions

Hi @nznubian11 

If they were forwarded to ****@icloud.com successfully, but not received in the inbox, then the only way to recover them would be by following up with the host or by speaking to your IT people. 

Unfortunately, they cannot be resent from our end.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Ah ok, thats very odd they can't be accessed from within the myob system,  that's where they got sent to originally. The file must be somewhere within the system its impossible for it not to be. 

If they haven't been received on my iCloud then  (assuming the problem was it didn't send them correctly) then how would iCloud find something it never got? 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

625Kudos

1,223Solutions

Hi @nznubian11 

MYOB Atlas allows email forwarding addresses to be created, they automatically direct incoming email messages to another email address. Please understand that there is no inbox for a forwarding email address, and nothing is stored. It redirects any incoming messages sent to your forwarding email address to your personal email address specified. Therefore, we are unable to resend the data.

As Komal explained, whenever an incoming email is successfully forwarded, the time stamp in Atlas will update. And we found that the time stamp has been updating successfully. Once the email is forwarded to your nominated personal email address, which was the iCloud one at the time, it is then up to that email service provider how to handle and deliver the message. Some email service providers may deem these messages junk emails due to their security settings, and may not deliver junk emails to email clients (such as Outlook).

You can try checking your inbox using web mail instead, check its junk/spam folders, failing that I'd suggest contacting iCloud for more information.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post