Facebook link to MYOB Atlas

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User Carter44
107 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

107Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Facebook link to MYOB Atlas

HI There,

I have just spotted this previous message (below).  Surely if they have been able to link their Facebook Business Page, I can too??  

I have an Atlas site that has lost it's link to Facebook.

We had it set up for News, Follow Me and Tell the World to link to the facebook business page (ticked) of a personalfacebook page (not ticked), and it was working fine for months, with facebook posts appearing on the Atlas website news page.

However sometime in the last week or so (?), the posts are no longer appearing. So we checked the Atlas website, and on the News page saw this error message "One of your social network accounts isn't working correctly. To learn more, visit theNews settings page.", which shows the personal facebook page as "working" (but we keep it unticked), and shows the business page as "error" (and is ticked).

On the Follow Me settings, the same "working" and "error" show, but the Follow Me link still works.

On the Tell The World, we see "One of your social network accounts isn't working correctly. Please try adding it again before posting to it." However we can't add it again ...

We tried to get rid of the facebook association and then redo it. BUT there seems to be no way to remove the facebookassociation, and any attempt to redo it gives a message saying log out and then try again.

To-date I've tried the following:

- checking the facebook security settings for Atlas,

- logging out of both Facebook and Atlas, 

- clearing the cache, 

- then logging back into Atlas again

but it still holds the facebook personal account and business page details and still says the business page is in error.

So now we're stuck posting separately in facebook and Atlas until something can be done to fix this.

The site is ahcelebr.myob.net

Thanks

Carol

Carol Hawksworth
Accounting Essentials Ltd
7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

3,488Posts

1,326Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Facebook link to MYOB Atlas

Hello @Carter44

The text you've copied actually says that it isn't working for that user either. They say that it WAS working for them, but ISN'T now. The same problem that is affecting you is affecting this user. In fact this post was one of the occurrences of this issue that allowed us to identify it in the first place.

If you read my post further down the thread, you'll see that what is stopping the feature from working for this user is a change in how Facebook worked that Atlas didn't account for. So to be clear, the feature did work in the past, then Facebook made a change that we didn't allow for and the feature doesn't work now.

I know that the fact that this feature doesn't currently work properly is frustrating. Our developers are looking into it and we hope to have this fixed in the next update to Atlas. In the meantime, unfortunately the problem isn't caused by anything you're doing, so there is nothing you can do differently to make it work. The only way for it to work is for our developers to fix the problem. We hope to have this done when Atlas is next updated.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Experienced User Carter44
107 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

107Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Liam.  Smiley Wink

Experienced User lahdyo
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

same problem here...hope it will get fixed soon

Former Staff Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

2,784Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

Hey @Carter44 and @lahdyo,

Thanks for your replies.

We acknowledge and value you posting on the Community Forum and sharing your experiences with us. We will pass all feedback on to the Product Development team. We will be sure to keep all users updated when this has been fixed in Atlas and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Trusted Partner Laura-YCM
79 Posts
Trusted Partner
Trusted Partner

79Posts

102Kudos

0Solutions

Has this issue been fixed?   I'm having the same problem.  I see the forum here has it marked as Solved but it is not solved if the link is still broken.

Laura McIntyre
Your Company Matters
laura@yourcompanymatters.co.nz
Former Staff Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

2,784Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Laura-YCM,

Thanks for your message.

This is currently still being investigated and fixed for MYOB Atlas users. We apologize for the disruptions it is causing your website functionality. I believe the Carter44 clicked solved on Liam's post as it had answered her question and not the actual matter of the problem being resolved. We will be sure to keep all users on this fix and we greatly appreciate your patience in the mean time.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

3,488Posts

1,326Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @Laura-YCM@lahdyo and @Carter44

The issue has now been resolved. Please follow this link for detailed instructions on how to relink your pages.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post