GJ1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Linking Atlas Domain Name to Godaddy website

I have created a domain name through the free 12 month trial through Atlas and a website through GoDaddy.  Godaddy does not support .co.nz which is why the domain is to stay with Atlas but I wish it to be linked to the GoDaddy website I have created.  Godaddy has given me their DNS for Atlas to use to point to their website but nowhere can I find a place to provide Atlas with these DNS details.  All the FAQ refer to linking 3rd party domains to an Atlas website not the other way around.  How do I go about this, please?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,383 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,383Posts

539Kudos

1,152Solutions

Re: Linking Atlas Domain Name to Godaddy website

Hi @GJ1 

I'm afraid that this is not a service that we provide. MYOB only administrates domain names to be used with Atlas websites only, we do not provide DNS services that points the domain to third party websites. 

In order to use the domain name with your GoDaddy website, you'll need to transfer the domain name away from us, to another registrar that who provides DNS services. 

Please note that transferring domain name does not cancel your Atlas website. You can continue using it with the default .myob.net domain name, or any other domains you've purchased/linked to it. If you no longer require the Atlas website, please be sure to complete our cancellation form.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GJ1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your help and answer Clover.  Rather than transferring the domain name to another register, if I cancel it, do you know how long it will be before the domain name is released back into whatever pool it was originally taken from so I can then select it again?

Godaddy has said they cannot transfer a domain name from another register, but if it is registered with them it will be okay and work. 

MYOB Moderator Melisa_D
789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

789Posts

56Kudos

53Solutions

Hi @GJ1

If you cancel your Atlas account this will not cancel the domain name, the domain name will still stay active until expiry date. You can check this by going into your Atlas website > Site settings > My domain names > In here will list he domain name and it's expiry date. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post