Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

My website domain expired at midnight.

I wasn't informed of any payment required but with netregistry it was renewed automatically every 2 years.  

In April I got this email from tpp... an onseller as it turns out.  

"This is a follow up reminder regarding a future upgrade to our services. You are receiving this email as you are the registrant contact for the below list of domain name(s):
 a1craftandquilting.com.au
 Your domain name(s) are currently being managed on your behalf by your domain name provider:
 MYOB Australia - Atlas
+61.392229700
pdprocessing@myobatlas.com

We are the registrar, accredited by the .au Domain Administration Limited (auDA) https://www.auda.org.au/,  that manages the domain name records in the central registry on behalf of  your domain provider (whom you purchased your domain from).
 As part of a system upgrade at TPP Wholesale, we are required to notify you that we intend to change the official registrar of record for your domain name(s). Your domain(s) will transfer from the current registrar, Netregistry Pty Ltd to Domain Directors Pty Ltd as part of this upgrade. This transfer will be processed on 19 May 2020.
 This change will allow us to provide an improved service in order to better support you and your domain name provider.
 Please note:
·        There will be no impact to your domain name, or website or email service
·        There will be no changes to the way you manage your domain(s)
·        No action is required on your behalf unless you would like to opt-out of the transfer"

Now... I started with MYOB in 2014, and have been with Netregistry for the last 4 years.  I can't find or renew my domain name with Instra which is Domain Directors trading name!  Whois says it is still with netregistry, but they say it isn't! I really need to get my website up and running, I have most of my sales over theweekend and people phoning me all night from the US the purchase online!  

9 REPLIES 9
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: My website domain expired at midnight.

By thw way, my website is hosted by shopify.  

Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

It is me again!  I spent 48 hours trying to get answers... around in circles, but it appears that MYOB doesn't hold domain names unless you have an Atlas website... so it appears my domain name was sold to a fraudster.  My emails keep coming back as undeliverable.  My messages to Atlas@MYOB have gone unanswered, phone calls are no help.  I have lost over $1500 this weekend, most of my sales are on Sunday and Monday as I sell lots to the US.  I have informed the regulators, and I think the next step is the relevant governemtn agencies.  

MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,596Kudos

1,905Solutions

Hi @Amron11 

You are correct that MYOB Atlas only administers domain names for use with MYOB Atlas sites. That said as you haven’t had the domain hosted with Atlas for quite some time I’m working with our team to do everything we possibly can to retrieve the necessary domain ownership code as quickly as possible so that you can transfer the domain name to your choice of registrar.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much Neil.  That explains why I could never renew my domain since the email on the 12th August... It looked like a scam then, obviously someone has made a big mistake.  As I am having a patent war with a competitor in the us, and we have won the first round, I was thinking that this was a planned attack.

I have actually managed to get hold of someone at TPP.  She has been on hold so long with her call to Altas  (and it keeps cutting out) that her boss gave her permission to override the usual protocols and renew my website's domain name.  I have sent proof of my ownership!  

Now to get a password and username from MYOB Atlas, (TPP have sent an email to their contact..... don't hold their breathe) so I can change it back to Netregistry.  

This lack of sales over the busiest 2 days of my week has been devastating.  

Thanks anyway Neil... I think it is solved! In a few hours my website will back to normal, meanwhile I have another domain name being used.. as long as pepole can manage to reach me! 

Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Now I have a new problem, I have nowhere to go to edit my DNS and CNAME so it can be used in Shopify!  

MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,596Kudos

1,905Solutions

Hi @Amron11 

Glad to hear you’ve been able to find a resolution and are transferring the domain name to a suitable registrar for your situation. As it’s the registrar who handles the DNS settings, you’d have to wait until the domain had been transferred to NetRegistry or another registrar who offers editable DNS services to be able to edit them and have them pointing to the desired location.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your response, however, I cannot transfer it anywhere until I get my password and username from MYOB.  MYOB is still the current registrar until the password is found, entered onto the TPP site and they can move it back for me!  Welsome to the endless merry-go round I have been on for more than 60 hours.  At least I have it paid and nobody can hold my domain hostage. Meanwhile, i get no emails as my email was linked to my domain name.

MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,596Kudos

1,905Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

HI @Amron11 

I’ve sent you a private message with regards to the domain password, which will allow you to transfer the domain name to your choice of registrars

You can access this private message by clicking on your forum display picture in the top right hand corner and clicking the envelope icon where you should see a message from me. Click on the Subject line of Domain Password to view the entirity of the message.

I do apologise for the inconvenience all of this has caused.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much Neil.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post