MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Renewal of my Domain name with MYOB ATLAS.

Highlighted
Contributing User MJCouture
6 Posts
Contributing User
MJCouture
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Renewal of my Domain name with MYOB ATLAS.

Can someone guide me where to pay for the renewal of my Domain name with MYOB ATLAS. The email they sent me where it is written pay today is not straight forward and sending me to back to my website. There are no details for online payment.

10 REPLIES 10
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,841 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10841Posts

1220Kudos

1533Solutions

Re: Renewal of my Domain name with MYOB ATLAS.

HI @MJCouture 

Renewing a domain name in MYOB Atlas is done from within your site. Once logged in you will need to go to Site Settings >> My Domain Names. This brings up the page containing all of your domain names and you can renew a particular domain name by clicking the green Renew button beside that domain name. Clicking the green Renew button will bring up the renewal page to allow you to renew your domain name.

Note that for domains hosted externally you will need to speak with the registrar of that domain name to organize a renewal

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

6 Posts
Contributing User
MJCouture
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply. There is no green tick next to my domain name under site settings, my domain names. No button no option at all anywhere on this section to renew my domain name.
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,841 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10841Posts

1220Kudos

1533Solutions

Hi @MJCouture 

Looking at your site, I can see your domain is showing under the Linked Domain Names section. This would normally mean that the domain is hosted by a different registrar, or that the domain is outside of the renewal period and has expired.

If the domain name is hosted by a registrar external to MYOB Atlas, then you will need to contact that registrar to organise renewal of that domain name.

In contrast if the domain name has expired and is outside the renewal period then you cannot renew the domain name, and instead will need to purchase the domain name again to continue using it

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

6 Posts
Contributing User
MJCouture
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

this is the first time I am having a problem in renewing my domain name. I registered through MYOB Atlas Long time ago. Why would my domain name be on an external registrar? I got my Domain name from MYOB Atlas when you first launched websites for new business owners. You said that the expiry date is on the 20th of April and I have been trying to pay and the system is not working. Today I tried again and now tonight I saw that my ABN number has been canceled. I don't understand why it is getting so complicated when it used to be easy to renew. Tomorrow I will go to the tax office to see what is happening. Also, I have called MYOB and they say they are not trained for the website section. Therefore, there is no customer service except through this forum. Will my website be canceled? As it is not my fault for not being able to access a proper payment system and it is not the expiry date yet.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,841 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10841Posts

1220Kudos

1533Solutions

HI @MJCouture 

A domain name would be on an external registrar if you had requested the domain ownership code and transferred that domain name to an external registrar. An MYOB Atlas site consists of two parts, being the core content accessible on your default domain name and any other domain names that you choose to purchase for it. In the event that a domain name is not renewed the core atlas plan is not cancelled and the website is accessible through the default domain name of that site

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

6 Posts
Contributing User
MJCouture
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil, 

I have renewed my ABN number as somehow the Tax office canceled it yesterday. Not sure if this is a coincidence that nothing was working yesterday. So I tried again to pay for my renewal for the domain name but it is still saying put valid ABN number. I will try again tonight as may be your system is not acknowledging my ABN yet. Can someone give me a call to discuss as the 20th is approaching and it is very frustrating.

Thank you

6 Posts
Contributing User
MJCouture
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil, I have tried to buy a domain name through MYOB, I get through the whole form and click payment but nothing happens.

I have uploaded a screenshot.

Can you please help?

thanks

Mary-Jane

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,841 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10841Posts

1220Kudos

1533Solutions

Hi @MJCouture 

From what I can see on your account there’s been no orders created for new domain names. This would typically suggest that for some reason the purchase request wasn’t able to go through. I’d start by clearing the cache on the internet browser you are using and switching the modem off for at least 30 seconds.

Additionally its worth ensuring that you are on a computer connected by a cable to the modem and not using a wireless connection. Wired connections tend to be more stable and in some cases can have faster internet speeds than a wireless connection

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

6 Posts
Contributing User
MJCouture
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil, since I saw that my Domain name was available for purchase on the internet, therefore I bought the name as I could not do it through MYOB. A technician helped me connect my domain name to MYOB website. Now my website is running again. I realised that MYOB ATLAS is not the provider of my Domain name and the domain name was expired well before the 20th of April. However, in the past, I used to renew through MYOB ATLAS. Hope this makes sense. I believe I do not have to pay MYOB ATLAS anything now as the domain name has been renewed. The monthly fee is automatically set up for the running of the website. 

Thanks for for your help. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post