1 Post
User
Australia
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Scam ?

I received a message regarding my domain renewal I checked and I am still good till next year also a lot more than the usual renewal ?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,277 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,277Posts

1,572Kudos

1,877Solutions

Re: Scam ?

Hi @kai 

I’m assuming you’ve checked the top level registrar for your .com.au / .com domain name to confirm the expiration date of your domain name. The top level registrar effectively oversees all domains of that type and their records should correspond to what you see in your MYOB Atlas site for things like expiration date.

In terms of renewal notices for domains hosted through MYOB Atlas, the renewal reminders are sent by atlas@myob.com and by an @myob.com email address. Other hosting companies may email with the intent to bring you over to their services, however taking up these offers is entirely up to you.

Outside of Atlas web hosting, if you get emails you’re not expecting it’s always good practice to be suspicious of them and avoid clicking on any links within the emails.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,277 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,277Posts

1,572Kudos

1,877Solutions

Re: Scam ?

Hi @kai 

In addition to my previous email, are you able to clarify some more information about the message you received? Im curious as to which company sent you the message about the domain renewal and how much they were trying to charge for their services (if your ok with providing that information)

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post