domain name for email address

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Shazzy
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Shazzy
Experienced Cover User

73Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

domain name for email address

Hi,

I have a MYOB domain name for MYOB Atlas and would like to use this domain name for an email address.  I have the email address ready to go with Telstra and just need to contact the Domain name people to add this to Office 365 so I can use the domain name.

Any ideas how I do this or who I contact to organise this for me.

Thank you

Sharon

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11656Posts

1360Kudos

1636Solutions

Re: domain name for email address

HI @Shazzy

Thanks for your question.

If you were wanting to use the Office 365 email services the domain name that you have purchased through MYOB ATLAS, you will need to transfer that purchased domain to another registrar. This is because the DNS records will need to be changed slightly to point to the Office 365 email servers.

Our help article, Transferring domain names to another registrar, does discuss how to go about moving your domain from one registrar to another. We can provide you with the appropriate code to be able to transfer your domain to a new registrar upon request, so please do let us know if you would like this code, and the domain name in question.

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Shazzy
Experienced Cover User

73Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your reply.

If I transfer my domain name over to another domain registra will this affect my MYOB Atlas web page?

Thank you

Sharon

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11656Posts

1360Kudos

1636Solutions

HI @Shazzy

You have two options depending on your personal preference, but just transferring a domain name to a new registrar doesn’t affect the MYOB ATLAS web page in and of itself. When you signed up for the MYOB ATLAS service you would have received a domain ending in “.myob.net”. This your base MYOB ATLAS web page so any domains purchased through MYOB ATLAS automatically point to this page.

You can setup the domain with the other registrar so that it points back to your MYOB ATLAS Web page. This has the advantage of you not having to create a new web page but will mean that you are paying for both your MYOB ATLAS web page as well as the costs of keeping your domain with that other registrar.

Alternatively, you can cancel your .myob.net web page and construct a new web page to be hosted on your other registrar. This will mean that registrar will be hosting your website under that domain, whether its .com or .com.au. Depending on the registrar there maybe a cost difference between simply hosting a domain name that redirects to another site and hosting your entire web page. You will have to speak to them about that.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Shazzy
Experienced Cover User

73Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thank you again for your reply.  

This is getting a bit hard.

Do you guys have email accounts, that would be a lot easier to keep my domain with MYOB Atlas and the email account.

Thanks

sharon

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11656Posts

1360Kudos

1636Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

HI @Shazzy

Atlas offers an email forwarding service, which allows you to create domain email addresses, however, these are not full email addresses that you can log in to, or email from.

For example, you might setup an email address of admin@mysite.com.au that forwards onto another email address, such as sharon@email.com. Please note that email forwarding doesn’t let you send emails from the admin@mysite.com.au email address as that email doesn’t exist.

So if you wanted to be able to send and receive emails on the email address in question, you would need to transfer that domain to another registrar that offers the ability to adjust the DNS records slightly to point to the email servers.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Shazzy
Experienced Cover User