API not functioning since 2022.6 update

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Edwina
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

API not functioning since 2022.6 update

We use an API to generate invoices for our customers in a different format to PDF (for upload into their POS) - this has failed since I updated on Friday morning to the latest version of AccountRight.

After many phone calls and tickets being raised by our IT people who manage this software we are not getting anywhere. I have no answers from MYOB developers as to what the issue is and when it will be resolved. In the meantime I can't provide invoices to customers appropriately which is detrimental to our business. After 20 years with MYOB and on business day 7 of losing this functionality I am frustrated and disappointed with the level of service provided. I have logged a 'call back' with a customer service manager to find out what the status is of our ticket with the developers and they say they will call within 48 hours! 

Is anyone else having issues since the latest update?

10 REPLIES 10
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: API not functioning since 2022.6 update

Hi @Edwina , the developers are best placed to help you.

Is your file in the cloud, or held locally? (Desktop or server)?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Edwina
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi my file is online - in the cloud.

Our IT people have generated a ticket with Developers 5 business days ago.

My concern is that nothing is being done and there is no way to follow up as the Developers do not reply to my emails and don't seem to be accountable to anyone in customer service.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @Edwina , whilst service responses can vary at any time, esp. in these covid times, my experience has been good, across a number of queries. An MYOB moderator may move this thread to the API forum, which is monitored by developers.

This annnouncement was made recently:

Changes to Support for the MYOB Developer Program

In a bid to serve the Developer Community better, we are making some changes to how we support you. 

From July 1st 2022,

• the email address developers@myob.com has been retired. The best way to contact us is to log a ticket via our API Support Centre
  • In all of your correspondence with us, you will need to provide your MYOB client id. This will allow us to know who we are dealing with so we can better serve your needs as well as align with the rest of our Support teams. Check out our KB on How to find your MYOB Client ID.

If you have any questions, feel free to log a ticket with the API Support Team.

(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Edwina
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Mike, i did see that announcement and we have indeed raised a ticket. But 5 working days to try to resolve an issue that MYOB caused themselves does seem excessive, doesn't it? And there is no insight into how much longer it will take which makes life very difficult when dealing with our customers who are understandably upset that we can no longer provide this service.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @Edwina , I can only say that I haven't seen any similar forum posts, and so far my integration solutions appear to be working. Are you a party to the emails from developer support?

Edwina
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

No, they are dealing with our software supplier who has an MYOB Developer IClient ID and understand the program. They have asked for more details & error reports which have been provided but so far no solution or even identification of the issue.

At the moment I'm trying to find work-arounds...

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

18Kudos

2Solutions

@Edwina wrote:

this has failed since I updated on Friday morning to the latest version of AccountRight.

@Edwina do you have any more info than this..like stacktrace or exception message? anything from diagnostic log?

Edwina
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello, I can get a diagnostic log but I don't understand what it says! I'm not able to attach a TXT file so this is some of it:

2022-08-02 08:32:19.1448,MYOB.Huxley.RF.Core.Services.AppService.RFLogService,Error,16, : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
at MYOB.Huxley.RF.Framework.UI.ProgressWindowHelper.Close(Boolean final)
2022-08-02 08:32:56.3432,MYOB.Huxley.RF.Core.Services.AppService.RFLogService,Error,13, : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
2022-08-02 09:13:41.9435,MYOB.Huxley.RF.Core.Services.AppService.RFLogService,Error,29, : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
2022-08-02 09:19:27.0922,MYOB.Huxley.RF.Core.Services.AppService.RFLogService,Error,15, : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
2022-08-02 09:21:20.9668,MYOB.Huxley.RF.Core.Services.AppService.RFLogService,Error,40, : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

18Kudos

2Solutions

yes ThreadAbort Exception is not telling you a lot there. There doesnt seem to be logged the stack trac or inner exception (if any)

this post seems to have the exact same exceptions and the problem seemed to be a serial number change. Looks like myob can do something to fix it/do a "reset" and that might fix it

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/We-can-t-access-your-documents-at-the...

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post